Butt-ugly airplanes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I understand pilots have a saying. "If it looks good, it flies good." So what were the designers of these types thinking?

There is of course my all time favourite Butt ugly aircraft, the one only Fairey Barracuda

fairey%20barracuda.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the lancaster kicks ass said:
the F.222 and that potez are both very good looking planes..........

Fuck that, it just goes to show you have no taste whatsoever :lol:

This is a good looking French bomber...the Amiot 354

amiot354.jpg

And ive always like the looks of the Barracuda... (I have a feeling I know whats coming now...)

But ill post an ugly plane (again, French :lol: ) The Bloch MB-200 ;)

Attachments

• bloch_mb-200.jpeg
    bloch_mb-200.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,252
The Barracuda should have been named the Flounder. Barracuda conjures up images of a sleek, quick, lethal fish. The plane just looks comical. Ridicuously long landing gear, a high mounted wing, and those flaps all contribute to its ugliness.

Fairey Albocare...gross.

I know its basically a Swordfish with an enclosed cockpit but somehow this makes it look disgusting...

Attachments

• fairey_albacore_190.jpeg
    fairey_albacore_190.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 1,116
Actually, there were one or two proper Swordfish variants for service in Canada and the cold parts with enclosed cockpits. I don't think those pilots would be concerned about whether the cockpit spoilt the plane's look so much as being able to stay warm with all the modern features such as cockpit heating. I don't think the cockpit is too ugly, but I hate the Handley Page Heyford. I had a model of the Heyford in FS2002 and no sooner would one engine start then the other engine would die. I only ever got it off the ground once, only to suffer a dangerous multi-engine failure and crashed.

Here's a Russian entry:

Attachments

• il4db3_2_176.jpg
    il4db3_2_176.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,094
  • il4db3_3_174.jpg
    il4db3_3_174.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,036

Users who are viewing this thread

Back