BUY YOUR POPPY! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ndicki

Senior Airman
Oct 2, 2006
Do not forget to buy your Poppy if you are in one of the countries where these are used during the Remembrance period! It is a small gesture, but one which means a great deal, both symbolically, and in real terms.

It is too easy to forget that our Armed Forces continue to serve whether in peacetime or wartime, and that this does not just concern the World Wars.

Attachments

• crosses.jpg
    crosses.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 122
  • rrw_ops_hr.jpg
    rrw_ops_hr.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 153
I handed one of our great veterans two pounds for two poppies (one for my g/f too)

Already got mine! Trying to convince my girlfriend to buy one but she doesnt want to...tight :rolleyes: Nah she isnt really, she gives to lots of charities, just not this tome for some reason.

if you have had the privelage of knowing any veterans then write/call them

here in the states I'll be sending out many emails on the early morning saying THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY !, plus thanking my dad and father-in law and my brother in law whose body is still riddled with shrapnel from Nam

Already got mine! Trying to convince my girlfriend to buy one but she doesnt want to...tight :rolleyes: Nah she isnt really, she gives to lots of charities, just not this tome for some reason.

My wife wears hers with pride - and she's German!

in a few minutes, I have to get my kit together and drive off to Paris Notre Dame Cathedral for the annual British Remembrance Ceremony - Ambassadors, Military Attachés, etc, etc, and me.

I'm flag-bearer for the Paris Branch of the Aircrews Association, in memory of my late Father, an ex-Bomber pilot, and more to the point, those others who did not come back. Then tomorrow, I have to organize "accessories" for the Anglican Church in Fontainebleau; we have an ammo box full of sand in front of the altar, and those who wish to come up and plant poppy crosses in the sand. Standing behind the box, is a reversed Lee Enfield NoI MkIII, as you imagine on a grave, with its bayonet planted in the ground. Rarely ever done in reality, but the symbolism is high.

Britain's oldest man, a battle of Jutland survivor at 110 was in France for the ceremonies today.........

The legend continues in this country lanc of the brave ANZAC's who stormed the shores of Gallipoli and to go from there to The Middle East and fields of France and Flanders. Our last World War One veteran pased away 2 years ago he will be sadly missed and the ranks of our World War 2 veterans is thinning each ANZAC Day. But the spirit of ANZAC still survives today. With veterans who served in Korea Malaya Borneo Vietnam Gulf Wars Afghanistan and peacekeepers who served in Somalia Bouganville East Timor Rwanda and many other places taking the place to march for their ANZAC forefathers. Yes i do buy the POPPY just to give my respect to those who served including my own Father and several other members of my family who have served in the Australian Military. The money here goes to Legacy and Legacy is a charity organisztion set up for war widows and family who have lost a relative in war or in peace keeping duties overseas. The Last Post was played at 1100 hours on the 11th November 2006 yet again for all who have served

Users who are viewing this thread

Back