C-130 crash in Iraq FUBAR

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've never seen one in flight. I saw one parked up at an airshow, that's it.

I gto to see an AC-47 as well. There is one here in southern california called Spooky. I have a couple of pics of it, but it was with my old camera. They aren't as clear as shots with my new one.

I have been witness to the AC-10 show on a couple of late night ops, in Panama and Iraq... Close air support at its finest and most devastating....

We went into this small apartment block outside of Az Zubayr to get BDA after a strike and Ill never forget it..... The biggest pieces were feet and hands, and small pieces u couldnt tell what they came from...

The tracer fire from the Spectre was the most amazing thing ive ever seen in battle....

E, did u see urs in training or actually duty...

Duty. I was quite a distance away, humping the boonies with some guys from a number of alphabet agencies (you know what I mean). It was an interesting op. I can't say where, but I will only say it was during the height of the drug wars (1986-1987).

lesofprimus said:
I have been witness to the AC-10 show on a couple of late night ops, in Panama and Iraq... Close air support at its finest and most devastating....

We went into this small apartment block outside of Az Zubayr to get BDA after a strike and Ill never forget it..... The biggest pieces were feet and hands, and small pieces u couldnt tell what they came from...

The tracer fire from the Spectre was the most amazing thing ive ever seen in battle....

E, did u see urs in training or actually duty...

Hmm, Panama...

Where you around to see the F-117's first strike, or were you in a completely different place? (I.E. still on the boat or chopper, back in the States to be deployed, etc.?)

I saw some of the first strikes in Op Desert Storm, but not in Panama.... We were tasked with securing the airport perimeter and personnel where El Presidente Noriega was planning on evacuating the country...

Bad intel made that a horrible night for all involved.. Lost a couple guys there, as well as one of my best pals Carlos getting paralyzed....

E, I know what u mean.. Had some goings on with those cats as well.... Kinda scary dudes... Couple of em I met were certifiable....

Ac-47 for moi...

Anyone ever seen Dc-3 "Spirit of '76"?

DC3Spirit%20_76_03.jpg

The interior is AWESOME!

Four fully rotating leather chairs, two couches, and a "booth" (two sides of double seating around a table), as well as a huge bathroom!

But then again, it wasn't necessarily a regular airliner, as far as I know - more of a VIP transport for 76 Gasoline...

I saw that aircraft (the one at the beginning with the pics) about 2 weeks ago when I went to pick up ellection ballots. That C-130 is still sitting there, it was just pushed off to the side so that it would not hinder other aircraft. I hovered right by it, wish I had taken some pictures of it. The post is called Q-West where this happened. Oh and by the way the run way is not fixed up and aircraft can land on it without a problem.

As for the Spectre, which I too prefer to call Puff. I got to see her in action over Iraq when some ground forces called in for air support, it was a sight to see! Just Amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back