CAF A6M2-21 Zero for Sale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A6M3

Airman
Aug 15, 2005
Southern California
This is my first post and I think it is pretty good.
The CAF A6M2 Model 21 Zero was just listed on Courtesy Aircraft.

http://www.courtesyaircraft.com/

It is currently at our Southern California Wing Camarillo facility, which I am a member of. That is where I met evangilder.

I have experience working on both the A6M2 and the A6M3 Zero. So if you have any questions about the Zero, feel free to ask me.

Eric

Well this is just like a big ol' reunion then! Let's party! You bring the the fizzy pop, 'n I'll bring the chips! :D

;)

So the Zero's up for sale? If so, I certainly hope she goes to a good home.
BTW, is everyone at Camarillo named Eric? ;)

I think we are the only two Erics at the CAF. But I notice there are a lot of Bobs, which is kind of interesting.

What do you think of that fantastically restored A6M2 instrument panel? ;)

Eric

FLYBOYJ said:
Very Cool, but why a LORAN? I figured you go for a smaller GPS?!?

Good joke!

If you want to see a real instrument panel, here it is below!
zero_4lg.jpg

This is of our A6M3 Zero. This is the difference money can make.

Eric

Well, I was assistant crew chief for a year or so, but now I am part of the C-46 crew. I worked on that plane when we were doing heavy maintenance. We had to rebuilt part of the landing gear system and Bill, the crew chief, really needed help doing that so that was when I started. But now the Zero is good as new. There is not much to do on that plane anymore so I moved on to the C-46.

Eric

Ah ok. I remember you guys working on the landing gear. Glad to hear she is tip top now! You are getting some great experience down there, Eric! I wish I had had that kind of opportunity when I was your age.

The C-46 shoudl keep you pretty busy for a while! ;)

A6M3 said:
FLYBOYJ said:
Very Cool, but why a LORAN? I figured you go for a smaller GPS?!?

Good joke!

If you want to see a real instrument panel, here it is below!
zero_4lg.jpg

This is of our A6M3 Zero. This is the difference money can make.

Eric

That's what the page showed for the sale of the aircraft?!?!? Which one are you guys selling?

Attachments

• 58245_20panel_lrg_108.jpg
    58245_20panel_lrg_108.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 712
The Zero that is up for sale has been a Camarillo for a long time. When I first visited there in 1999, it was in many pieces. I don't know when it got there, but I think the reason it ended up staying is because of corrosion and it shouldn't have been flying when it did end up there.

evangilder said:
The Zero that is up for sale has been a Camarillo for a long time. When I first visited there in 1999, it was in many pieces. I don't know when it got there, but I think the reason it ended up staying is because of corrosion and it shouldn't have been flying when it did end up there.

OK - Read the rest of the add - It seems that Loran must of been installed a long time ago.....

if the US Army in the 50's I"m surprised we've moved out the 30's and not using a half empty or half full bottle depending as a turn and bank indicator up here

Hi Eric:

Can you tell everybody a little about the condition of the A6M2 which was sold? I've heard it was really rough inside.

Thanks,

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back