Camarillo Air Show- August 27-28

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder said:
I am going to start with the standard certificate, maybe start with the recreation and work toward the commercial or CFI with instruments and tail dragger. You know why I want tail dragger! 8)

'GUYS WHO FLY TAILDRAGGERS GET IT UP QUICKER' 8)

evangilder said:
LOL! I am not sure how I will get it all in with a baby on the way, but I am sure that I will figure it out. Hey Joe, do you know any good study guides for the ground exam?

Sure do! First here' a link to do practice exams;

http://www.webexams.com/

Buy the "Gliem" manuals - they have them on CD too for about $50.00. I would also recommend taking the the weekend 'crash course' (to coin a phrase). It's about $300.00 but you're almost guaranteed to pass your written on the first try.....

ASA also has a good study guide for about the same price.....

The Jeppsen manuals are expensive but very comprehensive, they are geared for what you call a FAR part 141 school....

Last but not least i would advise you to start reading the FARs (Federal Aviation Regulations) Parts 65 and 91. Very dry stuff but they explain your license and the "rules of the sky." Here's a link....

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?&c=ecfr&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title14/14tab_02.tpl

Anything else you need, let me know by PM or by e mail, I'll help you as much as I can!!!!!

I sent an e-mail to a friend and WWII vet that I have interviewed. He is a CFI and has a Piper TriPacer in Santa Paula. Hopefully, he will be interested in teaching me. I know that I can learn a lot from him and hope he would be willing to be my instructor. I'll keep you posted...

Bet you piss it Eric. You love aircraft too much and you have a flying head on your shoulders its something you have always wanted so the incentive is already there and besides if you fail we'll all come over and slap you round the ear ole :lol:

It's been a lifelong dream of mine. Now I want it to become a reality. My wife gave me the blessing to go for it. It makes her nervous, but I assured her that a majority of small plane accidents are pilot error. I plan on doing it right and not being stupid.

Cant you be just a little bit stupid Evan it would make a great thread,
How I bent me Bird and was grounded by the missus on second thoughts cancel that knowing what wives are like a FAA inquiry would be a picnic compared to a Wife interrogation.

Let's leave the grounding by the missus out of this one! ;) I have a feeling that she wont want to watch the first few flights. Come to think of it, I know *I* don't want her to see them or she probably will!

The best of luck to you, evan. Go for it. :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back