Camarillo Airshow, "Wings Over Camarillo" August 22-23, 2009

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah, I met him on Sunday. Art Fiedler introduced us. He was fun to talk with and some of the stories he told about the exploits of the group were amazing. I look forward to seeing his finished documentary.

Yeah, I met him on Sunday. Art Fiedler introduced us. He was fun to talk with and some of the stories he told about the exploits of the group were amazing. I look forward to seeing his finished documentary.
I am looking forward to seeing his finished documentary too.

Neil interviewed Eric Carter, the last surviving pilot of RAF 81. Squadron.
I haven't seen the whole video but what I have watched was good.

Mysticpuma @ 1C said:
Eric Carter video interview-last surviving pilot of RAF 81. Squadron. Link here - Official 1C Company forum

Guys here's the video I recorded of Eric Carter chatting about his experiences in WW2.

I have tried to keep the questions limited so that Eric could chat unhindered by my interruptions and think I have managed to be reasonably successful.

Eric flew Hurricane's with 615 Squadron, and then transferred to No.81 Squadron and was shipped out to Murmansk in Russia, to help the fight against the Germans, who it was feared if they took Murmansk, would have a significant foothold to strike Allied Forces.

He was later transferred to Burma and fought the Japanese and talks about the day the group he was with heard news of the Atom Bomb and wars end.

I have added some images sourced from the internet along with images supplied by Eric himself to break up the footage so it's not just Eric chatting.

I hope you find it interesting. Now, I've uploaded it to Blip TV, as the file is 1hr and 16 minutes long, and this was the only free hosting site I could find that could take such a large file.

The footage has been compressed to flv format, but the audio and video (if you keep it default size), is more than viewable (I hope you agree).

Now, the one thing I would point out is that on the morning of the interview, by tie-clip microphone broke, so I had to use by emergency backup. It's the very obvious white tie-clip microphone, which frustrated me, but it's all I had available, apologies for it frown

So, without further ado, here you go:

Eric Carter last surviving member of RAF No.81 Squadron - War Memories

Cheers, MP.

PS. Once I have finished the Checkertails Movie/Documentary, I will do this for each of pilot interviews I have filmed and release them on the internet.

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back