Can anyone confirm these are original Imperial Japanese WWII Mitsubishi A6M Zero Rear Wheels?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Raz0r

Recruit
Nov 15, 2021
Hello. I am looking to see if anyone can confirm that these are original Japanese Zero tail wheels. I was told this by the gentleman, who was in WW2, who I got these from. Thanks for any feedback.
Well for some reason I can't get the photos to load on this forum.
However they have marking on the wheels with the numbers 6966, some Japanese looking markings , and an "anchor" marking.
Any ideas?
Thanks

I'm going to try to take the pics in a different format and see if I can post them

It looks very similar to the one FLYBOY posted, but yours has only 6 spokes compared to 8 of that Zero tail wheel. That being said Yours looks like a real Japanese Navy Tail wheel. Either a variation of the one used on a Zero, or some other A/C Type. Either way very nice piece!

If the wheel diameter is about 150mm, that would be from a Zero as the markings tell "Serial number 6966 manufactured by Okamoto Industry Co Ltd, inspected by Mitsubishi Nagoya Plant and Imperial Japanese Navy"

"ナコ(nako)" = Mitsubishi Nagoya Plant
"anchor marking" = IJN
"岡本(okamoto) = Okamoto Industry Co Ltd

A6M2's tail landing gear from my friend's collection

Users who are viewing this thread