Can anyone help me? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I will add more in time. It's not always easy to find good profile pics of every variant, and that's what I always aim for. There has been a lot of re-touching, resizing, and generally 'fixing up' on the pics there because I'm kinda fussy about visuals and stuff.

I'm happy with any help at all though, and suggestions are always welcome, re: navigation, types to be added, general info etc. :)

Now you reminded me you're completely missing the post-war Czechoslovakian Avia "Mules" (Bf 109G/K with Jumo 211 He 111 engine) - they should be there also, since they played a very important role later in 1948 in Israeli Independence War.....

alright, who found the stats for the lancasters which i spent allot of time yesterday putting together ;) well whoever it was you've made some mistakes............

the Manchester has a length of 21.08m, and a weapons load of 5,443kg, and 7.7mm guns

the profile for the Mk.I you have is of the battle of Britain memorial flight lancaster before she was fitted with her dorsal turret, please replace it for annother, properly marked Mk.I.............

next the Mk.I was fitted with 8x 7.7mm macking guns, NOT 6x 7.62 mm........

secondly the Mk.I's weight is 29,484kg..........

moving on to the Mk.I Special, it's weight is 32,658kg, and she has a crew of 4, and again her 4 guns were 7.7mm. not 7.62, finally her 4 engines were rated at 1,620hp each................

the some really applies about the Mk.III, the guns being 7.7mm, her engines being up to 1,650hp..........

the Mk.III Special (dumbuster) as you call it, had a weight of 30,390kg, the same applies about the gun calibre, and the profile has totally wrong markings, please change it if you can, you may want to use the one below..........

the shackleton MR.2 has a weapons load of 6,804kg and 4x 12.7mm.........

and can you please bring back the Mk.II lancaster, her vitals being..........

Lancaster Mk.II

Year: 1942
Crew: 7
Wingspan: 31.09m
Length: 21.18m
Height: 6.25m
Weight: : 29,483.5Kg
Top Speed: 462kph
Engine: 4x Bristol Hercules
Power: 4x 1,650hp
Armament: 8x 7.7mm machine guns 6350.29kgs of bombs

sorry if you think i'm being picky but i wouldn't have been able to sleep tonight knowing about those mistakes..............

Attachments

• aj_g_171.jpg
    aj_g_171.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 280
airspeed Horsa Mk.II

Year: 1942
Crew: 2
Wingspan: 26.8m
Length: 20.7m
Height: 6.9m
Weight: 7031Kg
Top Speed: 241kph
Engine: None
Power: None
Armament: None

Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.II

Year: 1940
Crew: 2
Wingspan: 12m
Length: 10.8m
Height: 3.4m
Weight: 3,821Kg
Top Speed: 504kph
Engine: 1x Rolls Royce Merlin
Power: 1,280hp
Armament: 4x 7.7mm machine guns in turret

keep up the work with the site, even if it is in metric it's a great site.........

Bristol Beaufort Mk.I

Year: 1940
Crew: 4
Wingspan: 17.6m
Length: 13.6m
Height: 3.8m
Weight: 9,629Kg
Top Speed: 418kph
Engine: 2x Bristol Taurus
Power: 2x 1,130hp
Armament: 4x 7.7 machine guns, a 728kg torpedo or 680kg of bombs

MK II Fairey Swordfish
Role - Torpedo,Bomber, Spotter Reconnaissance
Crew Three or two depending on role
Manufacturers - Fairey Aviation Co Ltd and Blackburn Aircraft Co Ltd;

Power plant - One Bristol Pegasus XXX 750hp;
Wingspan - 45ft 6in;
Length - 36ft 4in;
Height - 12ft 10in;
Weight - 8,330lb loaded;
Max speed - 139mph at 4,750ft;
Duration - 350 nautical miles;
Armament - One fixed, synchronised Browning gun forward,
one Lewis or Vickers K gun aft.
One 18in 1,610lb torpedo or one 1,500lb mine below the fuselage, or 1,500lb Bombs or eight 60lb rocket projectiles

i think he wanted it in metric but ok, i hate metric too, i'd much rather have imperial...........

it's far easier to estimate larger things (bigger than an inch) in imperial measurement, in my opinion atleast, much easier! plus if i'm working on the farm with my dad guiding him back in a tractor or something he'd look at me with disgust if i said "ok you can come back annother 60cm" no, i'd say "ok you've got annother 2 feet"

the lancaster kicks ass said:
it's far easier to estimate larger things (bigger than an inch) in imperial measurement, in my opinion atleast, much easier! plus if i'm working on the farm with my dad guiding him back in a tractor or something he'd look at me with disgust if i said "ok you can come back annother 60cm" no, i'd say "ok you've got annother 2 feet"

:lol: You Islanders.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back