Can anyone ID this 1/32 aircraft(?) model part? I

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Capt. Vick

Staff
Mod
Jul 23, 2008
Long Island, New York
20161219_140357.jpg

I received a bunch of these in a junk box I bought at a model show, but I have no idea what they are meant to represent. Any idea fellas? Again, I'm stumped.

Hahahaha! Why would someone make these I wonder? Does anyone think there is a market for back dating a 190? Seems pretty useless to me. Anyway, thanks my friend!

My pleasure .... :)

I think the reason for making these vent-slots is that there wasn't the early variant of Fw 190 offered by model manufacturers. The most kits of the kite at that time were of the A-8 type or of the late A-4 at least. For the reason, the author of the pieces might have expected more of interest from other modellers or just he was planning making of a couple of the early Wurgers.

I knew I'd seen those shapes somewhere, but it took Prof. Dipl. Eng. Supercomputer Wojtek to identify them - and quickly, too !
Now if Woktek is really the Prometheus computer, then it's the only computer I know that has a preference for 'T Stoff' and 'C Stoff' !!!

And cue the music from the closing scenes of '2001 - A Space Odyssey', with the mother boards being removed from 'Hal' ...............
... they were then refurbished, up-dated, and fitted to PrometheusWojtek Mk IIA ............... with a special adaptation for the input of 'C - Stoff' and 'T - Stoff' !!

You know, the more I look at these parts, the less I am convinced they are 1/32 scale. Does anyone have a 1/32 scale (or 1/48 scale) Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-2 to the early A-4, with these engine vent-slots that you can measure so I can compare to what these? If you do, and you can, I would be much appreciative. Thanks!

According to drawings the part should be about (length, height) 11x9mm for 1/48 scale and 16x14mm for 1/32. However the height of the part can depend on the way the guy wanted to fit it to the model area and of course on the model accuracy. The dimensions for the entire panel shoul be about 11x11,5mm for the 1/48 and 16x17mm for 1/32 scale.

Last edited:
Amazing...all I really wanted was the height of the tallest slot in the front. I hate to ask, but do you have what that would be in 1/32 and 1/48? (Don't hit me! LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back