Can someone identify this instrument panel? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Proteon

Recruit
Jul 14, 2013
My uncle has had this for many years and has said it's from a T5 trainer jet from WWII, but I don't think the T5s were around for a few years still. Any ideas?

dMTwOtgh.png

edB4QeNh.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Proteon

Yep Google Image Search confirms it.

BT-13_Cockpit_5_Norfolk_4-29-01.jpg

Excellent work, thank you!

I see you're in Redding - I made pizza at Scicilitos in Garberville one summer in the 90s. Hope they're still open.

Thanks again

Glad I could help!

Haven't been over to Garberville, so I can't say for sure...we have a million pizza places here in town, but I stick with Round Table when the pizza mood strikes

I've walked through that drive-thru tree and swam at the Eel River just below Legget. Population 167, small world.

Thanks guys...there were a few of these Valiants around when I was a kid, it brought back memories seeing it :)

Just a little trivia here, the "Vals" used in the movie "Tora! Tora! Tora!" were BT-13 and (I think some BT-15) aircraft painted to look like the IJN aircraft.

The yellow lines around some of the instruments indicated those were for instrument flying, hi-lighted so the student could learn his "scan." I like the early glide scope.

That's a odd panel, no airspeed indicator that I see, no turn and bank, no rate of climb, 2 clocks.
And what is that instrument on the top left ? Looks like a magnetic compass, but the numbers don't make sense to me.

I'm not too sure about the BT-13.
There is a landing gear/flap position indicator (centre-bottom) which appears to show a nose-wheel?

With the fact that its missing basic instruments such as an airspeed indicator, I think that there have been some instruments removed, and the holes filled with whatever will fit.

I'm not too sure about the BT-13.
There is a landing gear/flap position indicator (centre-bottom) which appears to show a nose-wheel?

With the fact that its missing basic instruments such as an airspeed indicator, I think that there have been some instruments removed, and the holes filled with whatever will fit.
It's definately a panel from a Valiant, but several of those gauges have been replaced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back