Can you beat this? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

About four days ago my wife was at the spot his house was on the lake before it burned. She also visited his gravesite for him and June Carter as she is 2nd cousins to the Carter family. She also saw Mother Maybelle's grave marker.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewnfWoSQz3o

She had a great trip to Nashville and the Ryman Auditorium. She got backstage passes and met Little Jimmy Dickens so she was on cloud nine!

All true, I love most of his music, though his been-in-prison, bad boy image was just that, image, all made up though he did spend a night in jail on occation.
One funny note is that Cash was the only man ever sued by the Feds for starting a forest fire: In June 1965, his truck caught fire due to an overheated wheel bearing, triggering a forest fire that burnt several hundred acres in Los Padres National Forest in California. When the judge asked Cash why he did it, Cash said, "I didn't do it, my truck did, and it's dead, so you can't question it." The fire destroyed 508 acres, burning the foliage off three mountains and killing 49 of the refuge's 53 endangered condors. Cash was unrepentant: "I don't care about your damn yellow buzzards." The federal government sued him and was awarded $125,172. Cash eventually settled the case and paid $82,001.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back