Canadian Spider Documentary

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spiders and me have an understanding. They stay the hell out of my sight, and I don't crush them with a shoe or rolled up magazine, or anything else that's handy. A phone book for instance.

Cute little "documentary", I don't think I've ever seen it before.

Spiders and I get along fine as long as I see them coming. You put me in a confined space with a spider or a have a spider suprise me when I don't expect it... I'm nothing but ***hole and elbows.

Hateful, evil little buggers. They're just waiting for the chance to eat us all. We're all food, I tells ya! Death to the arachnids!

Well...maybe not scorpions, I have nothing against them so much. ;)

Hateful, evil little buggers. They're just waiting for the chance to eat us all. We're all food, I tells ya! Death to the arachnids!

Any of you guys see that old William Shatner movie Kingdom of the Spiders where the spiders take over the world, i thought it was stupid.

Scorpions aren't arachnids, they are chelicerates and so would not be killed off if you killed off all the arachnids...

I have nothign against Scorpions. We would catch them down in Iraq all the time. We had several Scorpions (black ones, clear ones, red ones, and brown ones), several Camel Spiders, and several Lizards. No one wanted to catch the snakes though so we let them go.

This talk of spiders reminds me of story a colleague at work told me some years back.

He was an infantryman in Vietnam, and one day they got into a firefight. Seeing a bomb crater, he and his buddy jumped in for cover. They soon realized the place was crawling with spiders, "big hairy colorfull ones".

Since he had arachnophobia, he just jumped right back out and ran looking for somewhere else to take cover. But the rest of his platton, not knowing about his arachnaphobia, thought he was one of the bravest guys they had ever seen......... dashing around trying to disrupt the aim of the enemy gunners!

:lol:

Scorpions aren't arachnids, they are chelicerates and so would not be killed off if you killed off all the arachnids...
Well, shut my mouth! The things you learn about terminology. :-k

Poisonous or not, I'd still take one over a spider. Irrational fear will do that to a guy. I'd probably be the gunner in Vietnam, racing out of his foxhole. Hence, I don't laugh too loudly at people who are afraid of snakes or bats, or much of anything else.

Then again, I might laugh at some one who was afraid of jujubes or something. That's just kinda stupid. :rolleyes:

;)

I more scared of bees and wasps, i unknowingly disturbed a nest under a bench in a baseball diamond and was totally swarmed, i was stung like 24 times, mostly in my @ss cheek, amazingly i didnt develop an allergic reaction to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back