Canopy Flaws

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Testors clear parts cement is close to white glue or Micro Krystal Klear, and holds about as well, or not.

I bought a bottle of this stuff to give it a try and, while not as strong as CA, I've found it to be somewhat stronger than regular white glue somehow even though it's the same basic stuff I believe. However, it dries perfectly clear, not milky. It works for me in most cases. I'll need to try Gator Grip for the tougher jobs. Sounds like some of you guys are getting good success with that.

Yeah, there are several different brands of super glue, even though there is only one brand that has the name "Super Glue",

Bob3170, I've never tried Gator's Grip, though I have heard of it. It sounds like about anything but model glue :rightfighter2: is best for canopies. :)

jjp, try the Future, it works great. I use a small paint brush to apply it

I Will certainly try it Mike, although I've had great results with the ways I've discribed earlier. Sure, gotta work careful, but once I got the hang of it I haven't messed up a single clearpart since. On the other hand I can think of situations where future might indeed be the preferable altenative. Run it along the join and let capilary action take care of the rest could be very useful for small insert clearparts (small windows in a fuselage or something)

Last edited:
jjp, that is exactly what I do. Those small flat windows looking down or out along the fuselage have always been a pain. getting them positioned with glue in place can often get glue on the window or your fingers. My way, it is a totally dry fit. when ready a bit of Future on a brush, capillary action draws it under. The clear window is already covered with dry future so if you miss a bit it is not a problem. the fuselage is also going to be sprayed with Future to give a smooth coat for decals so again if you miss a bit it is a non-problem. I've even taken to using Future to hold small parts in place for all the above reasons. Only problem is the long drying time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back