CAPTURED AIRCRAFT - ODD PHOTOS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Me-109

Attachments

• saaf.jpg
    saaf.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 583
Matt, if I remember right, those two-seaters were the Seversky 2PA-B3 and 20 of them were sold to the IJN in the late 30's and re-designated by the IJN as the A8V-1.

The Japanese didn't seem to be too impressed with them, not sure whatever happened to them, perhaps someone out there has better info on thier service record.

I saw this one and hadn't seen anyone post it yet.

HE-177 A-5 taken by the RAF. An aircraft with the Geschwaderkennung code of F8 + AP from 6./KG 40 was captured by the Allies on September 1944 at Toulouse-Blagnac airfield. Transferred to the UK and was repainted with British roundels and serialled TS439.

BTW. these are NOT my images. I found them on the web. Wikii the HE-117.

Attachments

• 800px-He_177_A-5.jpg
    800px-He_177_A-5.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 652
Last edited:
Matt, if I remember right, those two-seaters were the Seversky 2PA-B3 and 20 of them were sold to the IJN in the late 30's and re-designated by the IJN as the A8V-1.

The Japanese didn't seem to be too impressed with them, not sure whatever happened to them, perhaps someone out there has better info on thier service record.

I believe they were used briefly in operations over China. Here's some additional info via Straggler's blog:

Aviation of Japan ??????

KR
Mark

Your very welcome. Yes my model is a G-10. And for you:

white43.jpg

"Weisse 44" sister. Bf 109G-10 W.Nr.130 396, "Weisse 43", Fassberg, May 1945

Users who are viewing this thread

Back