cargo cults - that is, B-24 Liberator as a... god.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I always thought it would be fun (and perhaps a little sadistic) to charter a plane and parachute drop a crap load of stuff onto one of these islands.
The more isolated the better.

Last edited:
I don't know if you've heard of it. A bit of a funny thing. A long time ago, a professor told me about it at the university:

Cargo Cults and Entrepreneurial Baggage
Hilarious. Seeking cultural superiority of "islanders". Do any of the islanders die in this malarkey, do they actually believe in it more or less than anyone in the west believes Jesus was born on 25th December, in what could be called a "Multi continental cult".

Maybe it became a sort of "aluminum overcast" Xmas. Complete with its own custom and song.

I wouldn't consider the B-24 a god. Maybe a grim-reaper like entity. It did a decent job, though some prefer the B-17, and the B-29 was far better yet :p

1628072811918.png

Somewhere in Central Africa. No, children, that is not one of those model planes you made for spotters to practice on, or aerial gunners to shoot down with BBs. This is the African version, complete with flags, of the Royal Air Force consolidated-built Liberator bomber as adapted for ju-ju dancing. The natives who work at Allied airports in the jungles evolved the idea, which is nothing if not original in the annals of ju-ju

Users who are viewing this thread

Back