Cars that I'd.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For centuries we had spoke wheels and in the late 20s and the 30s the style became disc wheels. Then the hot rodders found spokes again and now there is again a market for spoke brushes.

As for the wheels on the third one, "Vintage Halibrand 16×4.5- and 18×7-inch wheels with safety-wired knock-offs and Firestone dirt track tires help capture that vintage racing vibe, and Mike even found vintage Halibrand disc brakes to use up front."....

I had a "Cal-Bug" back in the 80's.

It was an imported German 1966 model with a 1.3L, 6VDC system and I converted it to 12VDC, put 1.6L pistons and barrels (with the original fly-cut 1.3L heads) while keeping the 180mm flywheel.

I had Kleber 145 front tires and 205 rear tires, a selectra-drop front beam, dropped rear axle by one notch, Porsche 36 horse fan shroud, Bosch 009 distributor with a rear cowl offset.

I also had the tinted rear quarter "pop-out" windows.

Last edited:
I like your choices Lucky13 I grew up in these:

View attachment 795561

However ours was more this color:

View attachment 795563

Maybe that's why I drive this:

View attachment 795564
I grew up in these...
I'm on the far left:

In 1967 we upgraded the old Carry-all to this (4-speed manual, 300ci V-6):

We don' need no steenkin' roads! July 1969:

In late 1972 we got a "new from the dealership" Blazer... 350 V8, 4-speed manual, 4wd, winch, 20 gal. main tank & 2 x 12.5 gal side tanks (the small door behind the driver's door and another on the other side) - my Father added the side tanks and built the new front bumper for the winch:

Users who are viewing this thread