Cars

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anywho...

The 993 was the last 'proper' Porsche in some people's minds, correct?

What I mean by 'proper' is having an air-cooled engine; some people think the water-cooled 996 and 997 are travesties due to their water-cooled engines...

Yeah, You should see me trying to get comfy behind the wheel of a Mini...

Nothing wrong with the rims on the RS, they look great...You can also specify a blue stripe and blue rims, should you wish

OK guys my first car although as I recall it was green not orange.
200cc,s of pulsating Heinkel power bit of a come down from a 111 to this don't you think fellas
Power plant 200cc air-cooled OHV single
Top speed : On a good day 55-60 MPH (faster down a steep hill)
Fuel consumption : 60+ MPG
Brakes : Yes (sometimes)
Gear box : Cable operated 4 speed or no speed if the cable went out of adjustment.
Biggest draw back:curved plexi/perspex rear screen made you feel like an ant under a magnifying glass on a sunny day.
One nutter got done by the police for speeding in a bubble car at 98 mph on the Southend arterial road which is near me. he had shoehorned a 650 Triumph Bonneville lump in the back

Attachments

• heinkel00_516.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 564
Nice! 8) They have no reverse gear to keep tax costs down, and the dorr was the whole front of the car, so if you drove up nice and close to your garage wall, you were pretty screwed

On the note of shoehorning bigger engines in em, one guy stuffed a 900cc Kawasaki motorbike engine in it, and recorded an unofficial 0-60 time in it of 4.8 secs

The bubble car did have reverse gear but if you blanked it off you could drive it on learner plates as it was classed as a motorbike and sidecar (which is what I did) the messerschmitt was not bad and the four wheeled model(I think it was called the tiger) was surprisingly quick (500cc motor)and it handled well . Bit claustrophobic inside and limited leg room
and the rear gunner had a limited field of fire
I went to Santa Pod raceway once and saw a guy in the funny section clock under 11 secs on a go kart fitted with a Honda four nitro burner with such a short wheel base it spent nearly the whole quarter popping a wheelie.
I take it that you are rather fond of Porche's Germ, their very good motors but I never really have liked the style of them myself always think of a squashed VW Beetle with two extra pots. Lambo , Ferret or Mclaren are more my kind of sports motor. Still each to his own aye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread