Chatroom

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SO..it begins.

I used to know a few mean spirited people that got their jollies infecting other peoples computers through the rooms. I'd hate to think of any of you guys getting infected, etc.

Sorry..I didn't mean to put a damper on the idea OR belittle any of y'alls computer savvy...I'm just kinda protective. I tend to overthink the eventualities.

Thanks for the thought L'B, I just had my Laptop wiped after getting infected with a "free Antispyware program", it f**ked up the whole system and I lost all the data.

I will go with Chat Rooms. But please do we need to hear about Bubble Canopies or Lucky whining like a stuck piglet when he realises he is paying for all the Beer and pretzels across all Continets and Countries involved of every Forum Member

I don't think it saw use very often on the old forum, before the upgrade. I'm not even sure if it's part of the new version.

Perhaps because what we have now is like a "chatroom" already, just post something and see who replies....

More interesting this way I think. But no reason why people couldn't use this "chatroom" thread, just post whatever is on your mind.

I think a "chatroom" will not work, as the site covers a lot of time zones. You'll end up talking to your own countrymen and people from the other side of the world will miss your conversation. Using the forum like it is works much better with an international public.

I think a "chatroom" will not work, as the site covers a lot of time zones. You'll end up talking to your own countrymen and people from the other side of the world will miss your conversation. Using the forum like it is works much better with an international public.

I have no problem talking to people in other time zones.

We do that now, don't we ?? I mean it's already tomorrow in Australia,
and night-time in Poland. What's the diff ?

Charles

Exactly, but with a forum setup, you can respond when you're awake, but not in a chatroom. I think the setup is fine at the moment.

You may have a point, there, Mon Ami. But, if both partys are awake,
and chatting, there should be no problem. If you're talking to someone
who isn't on-line, then you won't get an answer, will you ?

Charles

No one ever really used it when we had it, so there is no need to do it again. It really is pointless because the forum setting is better because you can go back and read what people have said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back