Chino 2008 website up

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chino schedule is posted!!!

11:05 - 11:20 :National Anthem and Silver Wings Biplane Wing Walking Barnstorming Act by Hartley Folstad and Margi Stivers

11:20 - 11:40 :Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo B-25 Mitchell Bomber Formation Flight

11:40 - 11:55 :Tumbling Bear Rob Harrison and his Zlin 50 Aerobatics

11:55 - 12:25 :Hollywood Goes to the Pacific Baa Baa Black Sheep F4U Corsairs, F4F Wildcats, Midway SBD Dauntless PBY Catalina, F6F Hellcat, Flying Tigers P-40 Warhawks, P-51 A&D Mustangs, and Pearl Harbor Japanese Zeros.

12:25 - 12:55 : Military Re-Enactors Ground Combat Demo (During the intermission) Sherman Tank and other vehicles

12:25 - 12:55 - Chino Airport open for normal flight operations

12:55 - 1:25 : Korean Air War L-19 Birddogs, T-6 Texans, P-51 Mustang, F4U Corsair, T-33 Shooting Star, The Hunters F-86 Sabre MiG-15, Bridges of Toko Ri Skyraider, F7F, plus Ground War.

1:25 - 1:40 : The Horsemen P-51 Mustang Formation Aerobatics by Jim Beasley and Ed Shipley

1:40 - 2:10 : Filming the War Over Europe Battle of Britain Hurricane, Spitfire, Firefly, P-51 Mustang, 2x P-38 Lightnings, P-47 Thunderbolt, and 12 O'Clock High B-17 Flying Fortress

2:10 - 2:40 : Tailhook Legacy Flight US Navy F-18 Super Hornet Tactical Demonstration and F4U Corsair Formation

2:40 - 2:50 : Brian Sanders Sea Fury Aerobatics

2:50 - 3:25 : Air Power Formation Flight Massive Gaggle of Warbirds

3:25 - 4:00 : USAF Heritage Flight USAF F-16 Viper Jet Tactical Demonstration and Heritage Flight with P-51 Mustang F-86 Sabre

Would love to go but the way this year is going Im even going to have to cut down my trip to the EAA from 7 days to 4.

Do they know if the Original Zero or P-26 will be flying? I may make the trip and that may be the deal closer.

Any other surprises in store?

The Zero they have is origional.

yeah I know, thats why I want to make sure it's flying! The program states "pearl harbor" zero. I don't know if thats terminology for a different hack job from one of the movies or if it's the real deal. Are there 2 zeros - one authentic and one Hollywood hackjob?

Nothing says original ww2 zero will be flying.

[/QUOTE]If you are planning to come down, send me a PM. Maybe we can get together.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! thats a priority.

The Zero's are authentic in nearly every regard. I think the only difference is one of them has a replacement engine, the other has the origional Sakae powerplant.

These are WW2 veterans. No Hollywood rebuilds!

so, the planes of fame zero with the original engine and the p-26 are not scheduled to fly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back