Chino 2008 website up

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

By the way, there have been some schedule changes. The F-18 apparently has a schedule conflict and won't be there. What they filled the time slot with though is uber cool. They are calling it the baa baa black sheep flight, four (yes FOUR) F4u Corsairs in formation, tail chase and some acro!

If any of you go, I'll be on the crowdline near show center. Usually I line up to the right of the press area as you are looking at the flightline. I'll be in my usual "work uniform". The back of my shirt is the easiest way to spot me. There is a Red Fokker on the back of the shirt.

Attachments

• fokker_DSC_4839.jpg
    fokker_DSC_4839.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Eric-1.jpg
    Eric-1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 73
Wow! What show! It was really hot...116F on the tarmac yesterday. The winds picked up in the afternoon and it felt like standing near a hairdryer. I drank 4 liters of water during the show and still felt dehydrated!

The show was a bit smaller than in previous years, but what they put together ROCKED!

Here are some quick edits from the show.

Attachments

• DSC_3529.jpg
    DSC_3529.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_3490.jpg
    DSC_3490.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_3459.jpg
    DSC_3459.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_3294.jpg
    DSC_3294.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC_2958.jpg
    DSC_2958.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_3551.jpg
    DSC_3551.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_3637.jpg
    DSC_3637.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_3646.jpg
    DSC_3646.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 51
I drank just as much water and I still felt queasy at times.

I noticed there was far fewer vendors too.

I did some talking to the staff there. I found out their ME-262 was sold to a German collector, with the huge sum of money they got, to retire a lot of debt they had.

Their B17 "Picadilly Lilly" is slowly being brought up to airworthy standards and no major corrosional issues wave been found so far.

The YP-59 Airacomet MIGHT fly this fall. Wont that be an amazing thing to see?

8)

Thanks. I am working on the edits for the website now and should have them up early next week, or sooner if I can. I have the camera set up the way I want it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back