Chino Airshow, May 20-21, 2006 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
One of the biggest and definitely one of the best airshows on the west coast is coming up at Chino airport. Below is the latest schedule from one of their PR people:

Airshow Schedule as of 4-6-06 (subject to change):
-------------------------------------------------------------------
11:15 -- Chino Airport airspace closes to regular flight traffic

11:20 - 11:25 -- National Anthem Formation by four Famous Fighters
11:25 - 11:40 -- World War 1 Sopwith Camel versus Fokker DR.1 Tri-Plane and Pre-World War II P-26 Peashooter and P-35
11:40 - 11:50 -- Northrop N9M Flying Wing Demonstration
11:50 - 12:05 -- Silver Wings Stearman Biplane Wing Walking Act by Hartley Folstad and Margi Stivers
12:05 - 12:25 -- Pacific Theater Navy Flight - Special feature of TWO Japanese Mitsubishi A6M Zeros against SBD Dauntless, FM-2 Wildcat, F4U Corsair, TBM Avenger (Followed by F7F TigerCat and F2G Super Corsair)
12:25 - 12:55 -- Military Re-enactors Ground Combat Demo with Sherman Tank.

Chino Airport open for normal flight operations (30 Minutes - 12:25 - 12:55)

12:55 - 1:10 -- Korean Air War - F-86 Sabre and MiG-15 Dogfight and Tail Chase
1:10 - 1:45 -- US Navy F/A-18C Hornet Tactical Demonstration and Tailhook Legacy Formation Flight with F8F Bearcat
1:45 - 2:10 -- European Theater - P-38 Lightning, P-51 Mustangs, P-47 Thunderbolt, P-40 Warhawk, Spitfire, Hurricane, British Hellcat
2:10 - 2:55 -- Air Power Formation Flight - Massive Gaggle of Warbirds with Warbird Aerobatics
2:55 - 3:15 -- United States Air Force F-16 Viper Tactical Demonstration
3:15 - 3:30 -- Heritage Flight - USAF F-16, P-51 and P-38 Lightning

4:00 -- Chino Airport resumes normal flight operations

Are you kidding? I'd happily pay $15-$18 US to go to that!:thumbleft:

Of course, there's the airfare to get there, accommodation, the body cavity search at the border, etc. :rolleyes:
Maybe if they let me fly down strapped to the wing of the Sabre or something...I'd be awfully tempted to drop everything and go. ;)

Seriously, it looks like it'll be great.

There's also the March AFB museum a short drive down the freeway from Chino. An aviation enthusist would have a full weekend between the two.

aww... I'll be at Chino, but not the airshow, we're scheduled for a flight to Canada from somewhere in the US so i wont be able to make it to the air show at the said date

I think you best look at a map Chino is a fair piece away from Canada where are you going in Canada I might be able to point you towards an airshow

Howdy, folks. Am new guy, Mtr. Bao (pronounced bow, as in bow-wow).

One of main WW2 aircraft interests is fantasizing about hypothetical dog fight between P-61C Black Widow and Heinkel He-219 Uhu. Any opinions as to outcome? Same kind of set up as between P-38 and Zero pilot in Martin Caidin novel, think it was called The Last Dogfight or something like that. Would be heck of a spectacle, what you could see of it in the dark that is.

Mtr Bao said:

One of main WW2 aircraft interests is fantasizing about hypothetical dog fight between P-61C Black Widow and Heinkel He-219 Uhu. Any opinions as to outcome? Same kind of set up as between P-38 and Zero pilot in Martin Caidin novel, think it was called The Last Dogfight or something like that. Would be heck of a spectacle, what you could see of it in the dark that is.

In the Indonesian language, "Bao" means "smell bad"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

syscom3 said:
Chino is near Los Angeles

What you say is quite correct, dear colleague. Most of the time, especially in the old days, one would need Norden's help to make a difference in L.A. Now one can even do a run in night-time if you had the desire. Unfortunately "Piccadilly Lilly" is not up to speed yet, but check out web site and contribute to reconstruction now!

One of main WW2 aircraft interests is fantasizing about hypothetical dog fight between P-61C Black Widow and Heinkel He-219 Uhu. Any opinions as to outcome?
This is a old topic of an Airshow announcement Mtr.... A I R S H O W......

Open a new thread up in the Aviation Forum about ur fantasy combat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back