Classic Airframes (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
I am starting a new thread that will cover, photographically that is, some of the classic airframes that I have photographed. The first batch will be airframes that I saw at Oshkosh this year. While warbirds were the main reason I went I do appreciate the lines of some of the classics that attended the show as well. Many of the aircraft types to appear here in this thread also served in various armed services throughout the world and I thought you might like to see them wearing civilian clothes. Like my other thread, I will add one picture per day as time permits. I hope you will enjoy this.

N98TP.JPG

N98TP 1951 Grumman HU-16B Albatross

Cheers,

Jeff

My Dad lives in Greenville Maine, it is on the southern and eastern shore of lake Moosehead Lake which is home to the Seaplane Fly-In Seaplane Fly-In every year. If you ever get a chance you would see lots of unique classic airframes there, the majority of course would be amphibious or seaplanes. It is also famous as a location where a B-52 crashed nearby into a mountain, the majority of the wreckage is still there.

There is also a local air tour service that has a rather unique fleet, all of his airplanes were at one point abandoned wrecks that he helicoptered out of their various crash sites, restored and re certified and now used as tour aircraft and small deliveries to local hard to reach communities.

Users who are viewing this thread