Collins Foundation B-17 crashed at Bradley (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My sons and I flew on that bird about 8 or 9 years ago. Truly gutted that she went down. More importantly, hoping and praying that those affected are ok. Fox news says that there have been fatalities...hope they're wrong but at least 3 people seem to have been badly hurt. Terribly, terribly sad.

Looks like the Collings Foundation just lost their B-17.

World War II-era aircraft crashes at Bradley International Airport in Connecticut, injuries reported
BradleyB-17Crash.jpg

I had the privilege to ride in the 909 about 12 years ago. Saw it earlier this year flying near Boeing Field in Seattle. Thoughts and prayers to the friends and families affected and swift recovery to those on her today. Terrible news.

I just talked to one of my contacts at the CF. Multiple deaths likely. 6 out of 13 aboard taken to hospital. Among the losses we probably lost our pilot, Mac, in the crash. My contact could not confirm or deny buy his voice said it all. For those that never had the to opportunity to meet him he is/
was a true pilot's gentleman and has/had more B-17 stick time than any other man ever. The horrible part is that they were talking about retiring the bombers sometime within the year or so.
It's the not knowing either whether he passed or not that sucks...:cry2:
Thoughts go out to all the families involved.

Last edited:
Years ago I met the father of the guy who has the hangar next to mine at the airport. He said he had just flown a B-17 to New Smyna Beach Airport for its annual inspection, and I guess that was 909.

I wonder what went wrong. The WX seemed to be quite mild at the time.

Sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back