Color Profiles for the Eduard Bf-109F-4 Fighter (profi-pack) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bedusa

Recruit
Dec 16, 2016
I have ordered the Eduard Bf-109F-4 Fighter (profi-pack) 1/48 and I plan on choosing Oblt. Viktor Bauer's camouflage scheme, which is below. My questions are what are the best paints for airbrushing this kit, and what are the color profiles to match the camouflage.
EDU00082114_8_l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of good paints. Do you prefer enamel or acrylic?

Colours, I think, would be RLM 70, 71, and 79 uppers and 65 lower surfaces. I'll defer to others who may know better.

I would say the kit instruction provided the colours of the camo correctly. So... just follow that.

Lots of good paints. Do you prefer enamel or acrylic?

Colours, I think, would be RLM 70, 71, and 79 uppers and 65 lower surfaces. I'll defer to others who may know better.

Thanks man! any clue on what RLM yellow i would use on the cowel? I'm ordering the paints for the camouflage so they arrive the same time I receive the model.

I don't know what the instructions say, but Bauer's machine carried a modified tropical scheme of RLM 79 over RLM 78. That is the starting point. The generally accepted view, with which I agree, is that the initial factory modifications were made in RLM 75 and RLM 70, creating the well known splinter like scheme.
I assume you are making it as photographed, in Germany, before the later 'field' modifications, that is with the unmodified hard edged splinter scheme on the fuselage, as per the kit instructions. In Russia Bauer's machine received a heavy mottle on the fuselage sides.
Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back