confirmation procedure

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now you are just getting very confusing. I never said it was not the same. You said to forget about verification systems and I asked you if that is not what this thread is about, so why should we forget about it.

What I meant to say is that it is now very clear to me that it doesn't really matter if an air force has an accurate confirmation procedure, because it has nothing to do with winning or loosing...and if you needs heroes you can create some, to boost your peoples morale.

Tommy:

My fundamental sources to affirm the soviet procedure to confirm air victories was the worst possible are the veterans of the VVS and of the red army.

In fact, and as Mr. Soren pointed out, the steps you mentioned there were hardly followed. Random is a nice a word to describe their procedure.

I was told by soviet veterans, that a high percentage of the victories of no less than 40 of the top soviet aces are, being generous, doubtful.

There is something else you could consider Tommy, did you know the official version of them soviets about the air war claims that as time passed the quality of the Luftwaffe as a whole "decreased" while theirs increased?

Can´t you detect the scent of the non-sense in the air here?

How come? How can that possibly be true, while the losses of the VVS to all causes not only decreased, but INCREASED every year of the war?

Did you know that during 1945 ALONE, the VVS lost to all causes +/-11,000 combat planes?

What kind of an airforce losses 11,000 planes in just 4 months (january, february, march, april) and 9 days (May 1st to 9th) of combat, and claim having been a "superb" armed branch, without leading you to automatically assume something very rotten is being hidden in the post-communist closet?

Do you get the point? "As the losses of my enemy increased, his quality dropped. As to my own losses, as they increased -surpassing those of my foe- my quality increased".

Were they wizzards and sorcerers? Did the "super" soviet pilots of 1943, 44 and 45 came into being by spontaneous generation?

The soviets never had the time to prepare and train the alleged super air force their official story tells emerged from the depths of mother Russia and swallowed the Luftwaffe, nor their later planes, although very capable machines, matched the overall quality of the German hardware.

Plentiful of a human resource to get hastily trained, get put in the cockpit of plane, next combat. If you survive you might improve as a pilot. Enough to achieve the desired goal.

No time. That is the clue. They never had the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back