Congrats to World Junior Hockey champs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well skim hunter obviously did :lol:

and in how many other non-contact sports do you get a almost solid ball flung at you at bout 90mph? in how many other non-contact sports do you run the risk of breaking/shattering just about any bone in your body? they have to wear the padding when batting for a reason, i've faced upwards of 50mph and i can tell you i was glad i was wearing pads.........

and hunter have you seen a darts player they call the viking? he's huge, he proberl isn't even able to see his feet, he's gotta be close to 300lbs, i wouldn't take the piss outta him :lol:

Hunter368 said:
the lancaster kicks ass said:
cricket is not a man's sport, it's a gentleman's sport, requiring a wider range of skills and abilities than hockey ever will ;) it's one of the most dangerous non-contact sports too..........

Dangerous non-contact sport? hehe like polo? or maybe badminton or billiards? oh I know like darts right that's very dangerous, you could drop I dart on your foot and get hurt, very dangerous indeed. :( Watch out for those burly dart players. ;)

When youve got a heavy, almost solid cricket bal travelling towards you at 100mph over a 22 yd distance things could get messy ;) And if youre at square leg or silly point and a batsman drive the ball in your direction...ouch ;)

Attachments

• 04_162.jpg
    04_162.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 382
cheddar cheese said:
Hunter368 said:
cricket is not a man's sport, it's a gentleman's sport, requiring a wider range of skills and abilities than hockey ever will ;) it's one of the most dangerous non-contact sports too..........

Dangerous non-contact sport? hehe like polo? or maybe badminton or billiards? oh I know like darts right that's very dangerous, you could drop I dart on your foot and get hurt, very dangerous indeed. :( Watch out for those burly dart players. ;)

When youve got a heavy, almost solid cricket bal travelling towards you at 100mph over a 22 yd distance things could get messy ;) And if youre at square leg or silly point and a batsman drive the ball in your direction...ouch ;)

Did you ever get hit with a slapshot? This is Terry Sawchuck a famous goalie from the 1950s - back then the slapsot wasn't widley used and hockey players were a lot smaller than today's guys.

sawchuk.gif

Here's more

"GOALTENDING GREAT GRANT Fuhr once observed: "There's no safe place when Al MacInnis is shooting."

Just ask goalies Jocelyn Thibault (broken finger), Chris Osgood (broken hand), and teammate Rich Parent (bruised testicle), who were all hurt over the course of the same season trying to stop MacInnis slapshots.

Or Dallas Drake and Mike Sullivan, who both suffered fractured toes in the same game when their feet got in the path of MacInnis slappers.

Or Andrew Cassels, who had the big toe on his right foot broken in three places by a MacInnis slapshot.

Or you can ask Alexander Karpovtsev, who spent an entire hellish night in his bathroom after being hit in the stomach with a MacInnis bullet last season.

"I kept throwing up," Karpovtsev told reporters. "I couldn't stop. If it would have hit my ribs, it would have broken them for sure. Usually in the stomach here isn't any pain, not a big deal. I wasn't ready for this shot."

When MacInnis winds up for a slapshot, forwards flee, defensemen duck, and goalies pray the puck hits them in a well-padded place.

Not only has MacInnis won the league's hardest slapshot competition six times--sometimes at speeds topping 100 miles per hour--he is also in the top five all time in goals scored by defensemen. That means he brings the heat a la a Randy Johnson fastball, but does it with Greg Maddux-like pinpoint control. That unusual combination is why MacInnis is almost universally regarded as the possessor of the best slapshot in the NHL today.

If hockey players didn't wear padding, there'd be a lot of deaths and/or major injuries. If it's played properly that is. ;)

The old-timers were a different breed, that's for sure. :cool:

Nonskimmer said:
cricket is not a man's sport, it's a gentleman's sport, requiring a wider range of skills and abilities than hockey ever will ;)
I believe I speak for my countrymen everywhere when I say: Who gives a sh*t? :evil4:

:)

:D :lol: :) :D :) :lol:

Lanc I will give you alittle hand here, you are sinking fast, British do play one manly game, Rugby. Thats a good game, now Canada plays that to its just not as wide spread, Hockey has always and will always be more wide spread. But Rugby is no joke it is a tough game to, alot tuffer than Cricket.

You said cricket is a Gentlemens game or a gentle game ? Lanc we are talking about full grown men flying at high speeds crashing into each other faster than any other sport on the planet, hammering each other into boards at full speed, shots at over 100mph, fighting bare knucks and that is just all the legal stuff that happens and then there is all the dirty stuff to. Stop now Lanc just stop now.

CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hunter368 said:
British do play one manly game, Rugby. Thats a good game, now Canada plays that to its just not as wide spread, Hockey has always and will always be more wide spread. But Rugby is no joke it is a tough game to, alot tuffer than Cricket.

You said cricket is a Gentlemens game or a gentle game ? Lanc we are talking about full grown men flying at high speeds crashing into each other faster than any other sport on the planet, hammering each other into boards at full speed, shots at over 100mph, fighting bare knucks and that is just all the legal stuff that happens and then there is all the dirty stuff to. Stop now Lanc just stop now.

CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rugby isn't played by too many out my way. There's a small local league on the go, but that's it aside from some high school teams.

watching cricket is like watching cement dry by the way the brits won the gold in the olympics in 1936 for hockey not to be confused with that womens sport called field hockey

Cement dries in a few hours, a good test match will go the whole 5 days, thus, it is not like watching cement dry :D :lol:

and i said cricket is dangerous for a NON-CONTACT sport, hockey hardly falls into that catagory ;) and cricket becomes allot more enjoyable if you're refined enough to apprechaite it ;)

and i said cricket is dangerous for a NON-CONTACT sport, hockey hardly falls into that catagory ;) and cricket becomes allot more enjoyable if you're refined enough to apprechaite it ;)

Refined enough to enjoy it? mmmmmm

You hear that everyone? All us hockey fans are not refined enough to appreciate cricket. Well who cares is what I have to say to that !!!!! :lol:

NS to quote Harold Ballard cricket is like watching 2 gay men read a book... and the Brits won with a bunch of Canadians that were living in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back