Could anyone identify this acft, pls?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think that is a rare film of the elusive fighter prototype built by John Deere in the U.S.A. Normally, they made farm tractors, but chose to attack the Axis by means of an armed lawn mower that had been specially modified for flight. It was flown by a squirrel. The squirrels were trained to recognize and attack Germans and Japanese.

Unfortunately, the armament was too heavy and the flight characteristics were too squirreley, and it never caught on as a mass-producted weapon. After the war, they released the squirrels in the mid-east, and the entire Arab world still hates us for that since we squirreled away million of barrels of oil without proper payment being rendered.

Yup, I saw the clip some time ago. It's made out of hydro foam (extremely light) so it can either fly. I think the mower was done from the very same material.

Just imagine the carnage a drunken redneck could do with that. It would be funny to see a NASCAR race with one of those things flying along

Users who are viewing this thread

Back