Covid-19 reports

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Or maybe having personal knowledge of people who died shortly after getting the vaccine, or had severe adverse reactions has caused skepticism. I know a couple who have had severe, long lasting complications due to the vaccine. The CDC keeps revising its count of vaccine adverse reactions down.

And those people that die or have had severe complications are far and few between. Far far far less than those who have died from the virus.

You are more likely to be struck by lightning twice or eaten by a shark.

From 14 December 2020 through 7 September 2021, over 375,000,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccines (Moderna, Pfizer, J&J) were administered in the US, resulting in ~177,400,000 fully or partially vaccinated people.

During the same time period, there were 7,439 (0.0020%) reports of medically related death among people who had recently received a COVID-19 vaccine. Of these deaths, only 28 (as of 7 September) can currently be reasonably attributed to the effect of a COVID-19 vaccination, all of the deaths due to Thrombosis with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome (TTS). TTS is a result of the formation of blood clots. Death can result when these blood clots affect something important like the brain or heart. All of the deaths (I think) occurred in people with significant health problems similar to those that increase the chance of death if infected with COVID-19.

As of 7 September, Thrombosis with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome (TTS) has occurred in 47 vaccine recipients. 45 of the TTS cases occurred in the 14,300,000 J&J vaccine recipients. Out of the 45 confirmed cases among the J&J recipients, there were 28 deaths. There have been 2 reports of TTS in recipients of the Moderna vaccine, with 0 deaths. There have been 0 reports of TTS in recipients of the Pfizer vaccine.

So basically, there is currently a 1 in 510,714 chance of dying as a result of being vaccinated against COVID-19, but only if you get the J&J vaccine. If you get the Moderna or Pfizer the chance is currently 0.

There have, however, been other adverse reactions after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.

As of 7 September, anaphylaxis (allergic reaction) has occurred at a rate of 2-5 out of 1,000,000 of the people vaccinated in the United States. This rate is within the same range as for other vaccines. There have been no reported deaths in the US due toCOVID-19 vaccine induced anaphylaxis.

As of 7 September, Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) has been reported in 185 recipients of the J&J vaccine, a rate of 1 in 77,297 - which is about 0.0003% higher than occurs due to all other causes. An average of about 6300 non-vaccine related cases of GBS occur in the US each year. While its cause is not fully understood, the syndrome often follows infection with a virus or bacteria, and since the J&J vaccine uses an inactivated corona virus (a common cold variant) as part of its composition . . . As of 7 September there have been 0 known cases of GBS in the Moderna or Pfizer recipients (both of which use a form of mRNA).

As of 7 September, there have been 817 confirmed reports of myocarditis or pericarditis after vaccination for COVID-19. Most occurred in younger recipients (age 18-30) of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine, a significantly lesser number occurred in the recipients of the J&J vaccine. This is a rate of ~1 in 216,646.

Source for the above: CDC records

In the US, about 660 people are struck by lightning each year, for a chance of about 1 in 500,000. Over the last decade or so the average number of deaths in the US due to a lightning strike has been ~27/year. However, about 90% of lightning strike survivors receive disabling injuries of one degree or another.

Source for the above: National Weather Service records

Last edited:
My ex is a labor and delivery nurse. Last week they had 12 patients in labor and delivery, 3 had COVID.

Several of my friends from HS are ICU nurses in Covid wards. They are so exhausted and tired of it. The wards are beyond capacity, and taking resources from other patients with other needs. All of their patients are unvaccinated people. Two of my friends just announced they are done and quitting their jobs as nurses in the ICUs because they are so exhausted and tired of it.

I was just talking to one of my nurse friends who is quitting her position. She was practically crying because of the misinformation and BS that people believe. Their selfishness and lack of responsibility is why we are failing, and why nurses like her and doctors are at their last breath fighting this. This country's response is sad really.

Not only in the US Chris. It's everywhere.

Spoke to the ex a little while ago - 8 in L&D, 3 with COVID, other 3 who did deliver their babies transferred to another floor because they are on a respirator.

Users who are viewing this thread