Crazy Ass Dora 9 Camo Job.... Anyone Know This Pic???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I found this shot while looking for info on the captured Doras in Russian Service.... Ive never EVER seen a camo job like this on a Dora.... The FE-121 is makin me think its a captured crate used for testing.... There looks to me the remnants of a fuselage stripe, but not sure....

Anyone have some info on this unique crate, as it actually made my penis move when I first saw it....

Attachments

• fw190d_1.jpg
    fw190d_1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 966
According to books I have the Dora was wearing a fictitious camo pattern.FE-121 marking (FE=Foreign Equipment) was given to the bird during tests in USA.The pic was taken at Freeman Field in May 1946. This Fw 190D-9 W.Nr 401392 was the Black 5 of the JG26 and was captured by the British at Flensburg and subsequently transferred to the Americans as the "USA-13"

I think a lot of the bogus camo paint jobs were done after maintenance and also for the 1946 airshow season where a lot of these aircraft were put on display.

According to books I have the Dora was wearing a fictitious camo pattern.FE-121 marking (FE=foreign experimental ?) was given to the bird during tests in USA.The pic was taken at Freeman Field in May 1946. This Fw 190D-9 W.Nr 401392 was the Black 5 of the JG26 and was captured by the British at Flensburg and subsequently transferred to the Americans as the "USA-13"

FYI: FE stands for "Foreign Equipment".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back