Crazy for Sabrejet

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ppopsie

Senior Airman
Nov 15, 2006
East end
I had been far away from modeling but in the summer of 2000 I got my driver's license suspended for 60 days due to speedeing in the misdt of summer. This rendered me trapped in my house during the season. So I used this period for modeling as a new start.

At that time I was reading a book titled "Sabre Jets over Korea" written by Doug Evans, a Korean war veteran. I loved his story about flying and fighting in the jet figters so much and I wished to have "my" own Sabrejet. The resultant model prtlays Evans' FU240 F-86A 91240 but made almost entirely by my own guessing, for the example the color of the nose ring.

This is comverted from Hasegawa's 1/48 86E model requiring so many hours for the job. I have since wondering why the plastic kit manufacturers all over the world do not make such a famous version of the F-86 series fighter with brilliant fighting records and variety of markings.

Attachments

• DSCF0018.JPG
    DSCF0018.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCF0032.JPG
    DSCF0032.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 117
Beautiful! I had the same problem when I wanted to model a Korean War Sabre, and ended up doing the F86f, using the Academy 1/48th kit, which is a very nice kit indeed. I'm trying not to duplicate this in 1/32nd scale, with the Kinetic/Italeri kit!

Yep, it was very nice for the time. It's still around, at a very reasonable price, although I've only seen it in JASDF version. The Kinetic (or Italeri, same kit) Sabre is a beauty, of course having the advantage of 'today's technology', so a little unfair to compare it to the near forty year old Hasegawa kit, and is reasonably priced, by current standards, for a 1/32nd scale kit, at around the £30 mark, or less.
I'm very tempted to get the Italeri box which is on the shelves in my local Model Shop........

Thanks guys. Some more here. I see today many parts on this still to be refined and I should have more detail photos on the A model.
I wonder somebody to make the F-86A in 1/32 by converting existing kits. But I had trouble to find materials on the F-86 Amodel when I made this one in 2000.

Attachments

• DSCF0016.JPG
    DSCF0016.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF0020.JPG
    DSCF0020.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Mig_Sabre.jpg
    Mig_Sabre.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread