CREATING A THREAD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not just starting threads. OK it works here but if I try to reply to a post I can't type anything in the box and have to hit 'post reply' and then edit the post (enter the text I want to as the post is blank) that has been posted.

Another problem, 9 out 0f 10 times is the forums don't show. Have to click on the icon top right which has a pop-up that allow one to choose the forum one wants to look at. The sidebar on the right side shows.

Try to refresh your screen with F5 key while you can't find these details.

However a blank post shouln't be allowed to send. Strange.

Did the troubles happen yesterday too?

Last edited:
F5 seems to fix the reply.

F5 doesn't fix the forum page. Flickers on then disappears but will continue to try F5.

The troubles have been happening for several days.

Also while reading the threads sometimes the posts go vertical. That is the icons in the bottom right are vertical.

OK. I don't have any troubles at the mement and haven't had recently. A couple of guys here reported the glitches too. Not sure what the reason for can be. Please check if your net browser and plugins are updated.

What is your Windows and the net browser? Do you use the Adblock?

OK the forums showed but when I went back they disappeared but F5 made them appear (thanks for the tip)

Use Firefox. Afaik is updated.

Recently had Windows 10 forced on me (left the computer for 10 minutes and it was being installed when I came back). There was no problems with Windows 7.

OK the forums showed but when I went back they disappeared but F5 made them appear (thanks for the tip)

Use Firefox. Afaik is updated.

Recently had Windows 10 forced on me (left the computer for 10 minutes and it was being installed when I came back). There was no problems with Windows 7.

OK. THX for the info.

Just made post and there was no problems and the forums showed.

Scrambled pages happening on first opening of every thread last night and this morning. I know we can't get anything fixed til Horse comes back but just sayin'......

Capture.JPG

Andy, did you get it for the Chrome or the Firefox?

Virtually impossible to create a new thread today - only thread title, keywords and a poll option available.

Refreshed page, pressed F5, reloaded the forum and even closed-reopened Firefox will not solve the problem.

In an act of desperation, I even tried to create the thread with the ipad with the idea of coming back on the computer to edit in the details & photos and that doesn't even work - same problem.

After trying all these different motions after 45 minutes, getting kind of frustrated and to the point where I may just abandon the idea...

To give an idea of what's being encountered, here's my view of the Forum page before I hit F5 several times:

Blank_Forum_101516.jpg

Once I get the Forum page to finally display properly, I get into the Warbird Display sub-forum, click to create a thread and this is all I get, even after refreshing, pressing F5 until the letters wear off the key and such. The only thing I have not tried, is filling a room with black candles and sacrificing a virgin while standing on one foot and shaking a voodoo rattle on the last Friday of the month...

Create-Thread_Fail_101516.jpg

Had a few other things that were wonky though I did create a thread earlier. One of the things that happened (and this has been going on for a month or so), whenever I go to make a comment the words show up in ghost form, such as this. It goes away eventually. The other thing that started happening in the wee hours this morning was this...

w.JPG

The problems with creazing a new thread are mostly/always encountered with Firefox, but never with Explorer, at least in my case. Basically -I can't create a new thread when using Firefox.
I use Windows 8.1.

And while it's not related to this thread, it is certainly connected via database issues:
The icons (bacon, like, dislike, agree, etc.) are all stacked in a vertical column at the far right of the person's post, between their text and the base of the post (where the icons should reside, in a horizontal row)

I have had problems with Firefox, but not with Edge.

David (Horse) needs to get back here and fix the problems, or give the admin here some more control to fix the problems.

It's not that we are ignoring them, we just can't do much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back