CREATING A THREAD (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Copied that. A couple of guys here reported troubles just with the Chrome today too. But if your one works fine why others don't?

I'm still thinking it is a problem with local servers rather than with our one. However the reason for that could be the Chrome might block insecure elements on a secure page. I would check on Chrome updating firstly. It appears that it can cause notning but troubles when being not upgraded.

Last edited:
John, could you check on the Chrome plugins if these are on? ( Chrome 42 and newer ) For instance:
  1. Open Chrome.
  2. On the top address bar write chrome://plugins and hit the Enter.
  3. Click Details.
  4. Scroll to "Adobe Flash Player".
  5. In section "Type: PPAPI" click On.

OK. There is no "On" there. The Plugin in is already enabled and I have clicked the box "Always allowed to run". We'll see if that helps.

Thanks Wojtek.

OK.

What about other plugins there? I mean Silverlight, Java for example. Are these there?

Widevine Content Decryption Module- Version: 1.4.8.885
Chrome PDF Viewer (2 files)
Native Client
Adobe Flash Player- Version: 22.0.0.192
Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0

Yep, already done - it's in the Adobe plugin-in as a sub heading.

Capture.JPG

A couple of observations what happens at my computers:
- silverlight is not necessary on the forum, the forum works fine on both linux and macbook, both lacking silverlight which is windows only
- flash not necessary as well, although it gives you some extra features like multi upload. But the forum runs great without it.
- java is not used on the site afaik. Didn't install java on my minimal linux installation and the forum runs fine on that one although without the extra features because lack of flash. Javascript is enough.
- not able to start a threat happens to me as wel in all browsers ( firefox, edge, chromium, opera, safari ) on all systems ( osx, windows and linux )
- posting threats start working for me after removing all cache by commandline on linux or sometimes just after refreshing.

So for me it seems like a problem with the cache, no matter what browser or os. Take note that opera, safari and chromium (opensource chrome) all use webkit as render engine, while Firefox has gecko and edge has it's own engine so the problem is fully independent of rendering engine.

Of course these are my bservations, only on my computers, so no garrantee that it is the same for all users.

It's 23:23 in my local time. It means I've been on line for more than 15 hours browsing the forum. Any troubles with the soft. All is diplayed properly and all wroks fine. I haven't had any problems with posting or creating of a new thread.

However I wrote down all yours notes for Horse. I hope he can come here soon.

Wojtek, did you start many threads during those 15 hours?
For me, creating a thread is something of a hit-and-miss. Usually it works fine, but every now-and-then, I cannot enter content, having no editor when starting a thread. It is easily fixed as I described by refreshing, or in the worst case, cleaning up my cache. I believe my problem is a client-side problem, mainly something to do with cache. I remember having similar problems on the old forum script, but then involving the markup/css.

Marcel, I suspect it's server-side, as I have intermittent problems with my ipad, which clears it's cache at the conclusion of a session.

I posted in the other thread what I've been observing and it's looking like a lag or delay during some of the database requests.

Not sure if it's the server's database specifically, or if it's a lag in Cloudflare's network during during a data exchange.

Take a look at the conversation between myself and Wojtek at the end of this thread:
Posting Problems

and see what you think.

Hmm, worked fine on my iPad this morning. And I don't clear cache on that one ;) I'll check ip adresses here as wel to see if the same happens to me. Seems like something funny is going on with the routing. I don't buy the wireless/wired thing and also I don't believe any plugin is at fault, although I might be wrong of course. Maybe cloudfare uses memcache servers and load-balancing (they probably do) which might be asynchonous.

I posted a very interesting map of the Cloudflare servers in the other thread and it's surprising to see the density of the Cloudflare Network servers in Europe as opposed to the ones in North America...about half, from what I could tell.

Wojtek, did you start many threads during those 15 hours?

I have tried that about ten times with no problem . Then I deleted them. Each time the editor was working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back