Cruise ships.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I dunno, getting away from it all is more my style. Up in the mountains, with a stream (trout in it too, of course), birds singing and the only noise being the wind through the trees sounds way more relaxing than being crammed into a ship with 5,000 other people.

I agree, cruise ships remind me of a tower hotel turned on its side with a pointy bit on one end,, most of the cabins are inboard and tiny, river cruises are for me somewhat different the Nile was great only 2-3 hours on board before docking and sight seeing even when on board it only carried 60 guests the only other cruise I would love to do is on the Hebridean Spirit to the Indian Ocean
98 passengers and almost a 1:1 staff ratio
But a bit expensive at $14000 to $24000

Hebridean International Cruises - Cruise Travel and All Inclusive Cruises

Eric, you just described a "cruise" on an aircraft carrier except you left off 500 people. UGH!!!!!!:!:

Weird thing about life at sea...for some dumb, unexplainable reason I miss being at sea. I kind of feel like Capt Jack Sparrow in his last scene in the first "Pirates" movie where he's at the helm of the Pearl and he says "Now show me that horizon." Here in Minnesota I feel landlocked. Weird huh?

I've been retired for 37 years, Senior Chief, and I still miss being at sea.
However, I have Norfolk, Little Creek, and Oceana to remind me. I even
have my name on the "cruise list" of several DDG's here. They go out to
the Va. Capes Op-Area and will take retirees for up to six days at no cost.
Take a cruise as "SecNav Guest". Can't wait......

Charles

I personally would not go on a cruise even thou my wife keeps trying to get me to go, I'll take a week big game hunting up in the rockies any day... God that thing looks so top heavy..Wonder how she rides in heavy seas?:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back