Current Future GB’s finishing on time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know it's easier said than done, and I am as guilty as anyone, but, before deciding to enter - think:
Can I get this model finished by the deadline?
Will I finish it by the deadline?...

Personally, I think that four months, under average conditions of life, is sufficient time...

There is no major problem in extending a GB by a day or two, IF this means more people fully completing a model. But it has become 'the norm' lately, with a fair percentage of entries apparently not touched for some time, and then a last minute dash within the final two weeks or less...
Agree completely Terry, and guilty of same myself. Too many things fighting for attention.
This is why I feel a fixed deadline would maybe help people focus better, decide 'Am I doing this or not?' and plan time better accordingly.

That said, would like to see a 'window' remain for exceptional cases, where a freak event delays what would otherwise have been completed on time.

If I take part then it's probably Spitfire Mk V for me. But what about "Home Country Modern aircraft" which is a split build with Spitfires if I'm not mistaken? Time permitting I would be keen to build a Serbian AF MiG-21 for that one. Any spoilers from you guys?

My GB#14 is an HH-60H as flown today with HS-4, my old Sqn from the early 60's when I crewed in SH-34J's in training and SH-3A's off the Yorktown, which were sympathy flights to keep my flight pay current.

GB#15 is Carrier A/C, there I will do an SH-3A from HS-4. I've learned my lesson well to plan ahead!!!

But there's nothing like being 5 miles off the carrier and not having it in sight!!!! Nuthin but WATER everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back