**** FINISHED F4U-1D Corsair USNASLVK - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
User Name : N4521U
Category : Somewhere lost in the middle
Entry : F4U-1D Corsair U.S. Naval Air Station Livermore Ca. (LVK) 1950"s
Kit : 1/48 Tamiya with towmotor
Accessories : Cockpit kit, Gun bay, control surfaces, engine, custom decals, prob some scratch built,
otherwise straight out of the box.

I lived in Livermore in the 70's to 90's and was aware the Livermore National Lab facility was a flight training center during WWII, but did not realize F4U's were still using the field into the 50's. I found the picture of the FG-1D on the internet. This is my GB project, to build this Corsair. The lettering I believe, if the Hasegawa 1/72 kit is true in color, was yelow gold. I will have to jump thru hoops, again, to get these as decals for this bird.

So attached is my rendition of one of the NAS LIVERMORE FG1-D Corsairs. Thanks for looking in, and all of you who have kept track of this GB project. I've done a bit of a stretch of my capabilities on this one. I have to thank everyone who submits to this forum, I've taken on board more than I could have imagined. Each and everyone who contributes here should be applauded. Thanks to all.

*At Vics request I changed pictures to 800 pixels wide.

Attachments

• F4U LVK Fini 1.jpg
    F4U LVK Fini 1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 216
  • F4U LVK Fini 2.jpg
    F4U LVK Fini 2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 351
  • F4U LVK Fini 3.jpg
    F4U LVK Fini 3.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 238
  • F4U LVK Fini 4.jpg
    F4U LVK Fini 4.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 247
  • F4U LVK Fini 5.jpg
    F4U LVK Fini 5.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 239
  • F4U LVK Fini 6.jpg
    F4U LVK Fini 6.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
And in addition, my four supplemental shots..... I feel I have "turned a corner" on this build.
Vic, Look, even an antennae wire!!!!!

Bill

Attachments

• F4U LVK Fini a.jpg
    F4U LVK Fini a.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 205
  • F4U LVK Fini b.jpg
    F4U LVK Fini b.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 227
  • F4U LVK Fini c.jpg
    F4U LVK Fini c.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 204
  • F4U LVK Fini d.jpg
    F4U LVK Fini d.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 230
Spectacular build Bill old chap even down to the antenna. But a request please, if you can would you please reduce the pictures size to the standard 800 pixels wide. On my machine when viewed it is huge, close to 2000 pixels wide.

Thank you all......

I may have to put the dio picture in here to make sense of the open gun bay, and the missing gun....

The gun, the gun bay door, the bars to support the folded wings and two tool boxes are in the back of the truck. It has a plywood sheet on the bed of the truck.

Attachments

• F4U LVK dio.jpg
    F4U LVK dio.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back