Curtiss P-40 tech (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Whether I actually have time is unknown. I am about to start some night shift work plus course work should be interesting :shock:

hopefully starting tomorrow, on an engine... yes i'm gonna make a model of the allison as well and slap it in there all painted so its now become more of a mini restoration job!!! will try to post pics as I go!

This is getting good! I can now visualise mini air forces all over the world!
"Bandits at 3 o clock!"
"OK, plenty of time, it's only two thirty!"

Haha Good stuff Terry

Remember this is all your fault Chirs!!:)

Finally told my Dad tonight what I've been doing in the garage

seemed mildly worried about size

LEGAL DISCLAIMER; I will not be held responsible for Parents, Wives/Spouse's or partners being angry and annoyed by said mini airforce. Though I will take credit for causing a world wide drive to create these machines and will continue to build mine..... even though my girlfriend can now no longer use our lounge as it is full of cardboard and wood!!!

Makes you wonder, did Sir Geoffrey de Havillands missus throw a wobbly, when their lounge was full of wood and stuff? This is great, a global mini air force grows as we watch!

My mum responce was very predictable

I swear I knew word for word what she was gona say

"oh my God Daniel"

responce last night when I showed her,sorry no pics available

I'm going to start work on a P-40 C, any input on what decal set I should use?I was thinking pre-war insignia with the red dot in the center of the star. Any suggestions on anything else?

You can use the Cutting Eagle decal sheet no.CED48255.There is one early US P-40.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 111
well the beast now measures 3.7 metres long fully occupies my living room and parts of my "Man Room" (where I keeps my manly things like models of great aircraft, guns and pictures of scantily clad women!!) so its BIG!!!

Thats insane Chris,but in a good way

thats more than twice as long as mine

Gonna be dual control is it?

hahaha not dual control!!! things are looking good and I should have some pics up in bout 4 days as my image capture device thingy aka my crap camera returns from the fixy place!!!

about 3.7ish made to fit my 4 year old nephew and he is big for his age!!! the wingspan will just be over 4m but will be de-tachable for storage, after its done its on to either a Corsair or a Spitfire MKvC or Mk9 or if I can be bothered a mossie or maybe a DH98 mosquito

Wow, this thing is as big as a Pitts Special ! Would love to see the Spit, and definitely a Mossie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back