Curtiss P-40 tech

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hunter Hawk

Airman
Apr 3, 2008
Masterton, Wairarapa
Hi there I'm currently working on building a large scale curtiss fighter, possibly an E series P-40, If anyone has technical drawings or anything related to this particular fighter let me know!! Hoping to have it RNZAF markings, namly "Wairarapa Wildcat II" NZ3072, Geoff Fiskens mount!! Has a special meaning to me as one of Geoff Fiskens aircraft a P-40E Nz3009 is based locally and is still airworthy, those that know of the Old stick and Rudder Company from New Zealand will know this Warbird, was once owned by the OFMC. I'm aiming for an exact replica, right down to the cockpit and engine, looking to build from cardboard as it is easy to aqquire and shape so any help would be greatly needed!!!!

Does this help you Hunter?

Attachments

• P40E Cutaway_a.JPG
    P40E Cutaway_a.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,273
  • P40E Cutaway_b.JPG
    P40E Cutaway_b.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,197
Thanks guys just moved house so only just had phone and net hooked back up!!! Not sure in the scale as I'm not good at working things out with numbers but its being built to seat my 4 year old nephew who keeps telling people on the street he's going to fly a Kittyhawk!!!

Sounds Awesome

So I take it wood is going to be the primary material?

I was thinking about it a while ago to make a corsair (RNZAF of course) with pedals that turned the properller ,never got started though

Besure to post pics!

When I was a kid (about the same time Moses was a Lance Corporal!) I would have loved something like that. It would have had to have been a Spit or Hurricane of course. Fantastic idea, and I really hope you can get it done. The possibilities are endless; engine sounds, gunfire noise and flashes, etc.
Can't wait to see the finished product!

actually I was considering making it out of good old cardboard, yeah laugh but its cheap to get... well free actually easy to work with, lightweight and if you mess something up, just cut some more parts!!! Yeah I'm gonna mount a small motor to crank the prop and have all control surfaces work and hopefully an accurate cokpit too, would love to have some BB guns mounted for the extra kick!!!!
Oh and yeah would love to do a spit..... the Queen of the skies!!!

Thats it Hunter

you've convinced me to do my corsair

Be done in a year

I'm gona make mine for my 3 year old sister (she'l love it if not its mine lol)

proberly won't have bb guns to be on the safe side but will have pedals that turn the wheels and also the prop

Now you've all started me off! Think I might try to build a car in the shape of a P51C, or maybe a Me109. What a hoot!
Look out high street, here come Herman!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back