• 70's

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 80's

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 90's

Votes: 1 14.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I went with the 70's only because of what I consider an incredible output of music in 1973. Most albums that year I believe were prime albums for most bands.

Listening to many styles this is hard, but the 80s just for the pure pace, power and resounding steps Metal took in those years. Something quite powerful.

Best music as in contempory I assume, as classic to me is the pinnicle of musical format.

Tough call, but I have to say the 90's...

No chance. For R&R? Your smokin' someones dead ashes again, Les. The '70s are the epitomy of R&R. The late '60s began the genre, but hte '70s began the concept albums where songs were all related in thematic content, lyrics, story or music. R&R in the '70s was less of a technical production and more about inherent talent reproduceable in concert.

Don't get me wrong about the '90s. My more favorite time period. I graduated in '83 and HATE '80s music for the most part. But '70s music push the envelope in every direction... pop, stoner, heavy metal, album, punk, latin, blues, theater, harmonies, you name it.

Hands down the '70s, with the late '60s a close follow up for influence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back