Die Cast cars

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heinz

Captain
Feb 6, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
Just starting this for all the diecast model car collectors out there. Im into mainly Australian 1/18, 1/43 and 1/64 but also collect American Muscle and Hot rods from Hot Wheels. Also old Dinky Toys, Corgi, Triang, Matchbox and a few others my father collects.

Heres a car native to Australia, Valiant E38 R/T Charger Driven by Leo Geoghegan and Peter Brown at Bathurst 1971.
In 1/18
Accurate 265 Hemi 6 with a 3 speed manual. These got mauled at Bathurst cause it needed at least another gear or more to keep up with the Toranas and Hos.
Note the Carbies on the engine have real mesh and springs connecting to all the correct places. Fuel line and spare wheel and real fabric seat belts.

Its fantastic. More to follow.

Attachments

• valiant.jpg
    valiant.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 73
  • valiant2.jpg
    valiant2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 78
  • valiant3.jpg
    valiant3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 69
  • valiant4.jpg
    valiant4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 71
  • valiant5.jpg
    valiant5.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 85
Although I'm not a fan of die cast models but I must admit that the car looks interesting.Are these car models made of metal?

Yup die cast metal body and chassis it weighs a lot!!!

Its truly a work of art Wojtek. Everything opens even the seat folds foward for back seat access.

Its for the Australian market only this firm. However Autoart make Australian models too.

Yup! :lol:

I keep in its box as its so delicate and would hate to see it get broken.

I also collect smaller ones because space is a premium at times. :lol:

Yep,still the luck of room.Maybe some robbery at any bank, humm....?
Some money for madels and a big house ........:lol:

I don't collect die-cast cars, but I do have a few that belonged to my
father-in-law. Both are "Tootsie Toys" which I understand is the forerunner
of either match box or hot wheels. I'll dig them out and post pic's.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back