(difficult) Me-262 Red 6 Lt. Jorg Czypionka

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

akonti

Airman
Mar 3, 2007
Hi guys again.

I'm looking for only ONE image if exists....for the:

'Kommando Welter' 10./NJG-11 Red 6 flew by Lt. Jorg Czypionka. the Wr. Num is unknown....

No artworks, please. Iknow its rather difficult any stuff (images) for my request.

I would appreciate it.

Alex.

just so you know through interviews with him for our book on Kommando Welter he flew more than red 6 though most of the staffels pilots flew others jets at times. sorry will say yes or no as it is all for the big book in the future

Hi Erich,

The only reason I'm looking for a real picture of the particular Red 6, is to get an idea about the routes on mottling for its camo. I'm planing to build a model for this. Only for that reason.

So If you can help me, I would be grateful to u.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi,

Erich, was the Me262 "Red6" flown by Fw Karl-Heinz Becher as well? If yes, the werk nummer of she should be 110306.Is that correct or it is a different aircraft?

Searching through the net I could find only Red 8, Red 12 and the ever-present Red 10.

Attachments

• me262b2.jpg
    me262b2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 811
  • me_nacht.jpg
    me_nacht.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 848
  • red10.bmp
    396.2 KB · Views: 745
there were some 6 two seaters equipped with FuG 218 Neptun radar in the unit, only red 12 flew and scored a victory over a Mossie ............

note I am being very evasive .......... on purpose 8)

note the diversity of the camo just between these three machines, the single seaters were painted in no specific order. we have it from Georg that his was painted overall very dark, but since we are going to cover his Bf 109G-6/AS from III./Jg 300 and his single seat hot rod jet in our book I will refrain from saying more. R. Bailey did a print of one of his mossie downings but it is pretty silly looking in our estimation, we actually found that the pilot of the Mossie bailed out successfully while the R/O was killed, several years ago we got both the victor and victim together for a small reunion and to relive the tragedy of the night..........it will be in the book

Hi Guys thank you for your interest.
Actually the only pictures I found, concern two artworks of Red 6 I'm looking for, Signed by Lt. Jorg Czypionka (Me262) - Lt.Hans H. Busch ( Me262)

But as far as I can see, the upper camo is not the same for both of them

The first one is Mottled with 82/81 on 76 the second one is Mottled with 82 / on 76 Which one is correct???

Thats why I need only one original photo... I can get out the proper camo!

first of all the chaps name is not Jorg but Georg we also know him too and are taking his first person accounts for our book he did come away with an interesting tidbit or two taken from the B-17 raid which we have seen and his 262 was not the only one left out as we have aerial fotos of the raid afterward and at least 4-5 262's are out in the open as wrecks ..........

the Kommando will be covered as I said extensively in our work

not long enough CR

at least 5 years out Bobbys we have so much stuff we can and already have written two volumes but needs due to cost effectiveness be reduced down to 1. am working on 2 other titles anyway amidst Familie probs, life is fun !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back