Diorama guide needed?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
This is one where I will seek the advice and guidance of the moderators / seniors, as well as the opinions of the general membership.
Judging by the current threads covering the subject of dioramas, it strikes me that it might be useful if a 'basic guide' was available, aimed mainly at beginners and novices, though possibly of use to the more experienced modeller.
Some months ago I started to write such a guide, but shelved it due to other commitments with writing and painting. The 'guide' concentrated mainly on aircraft dioramas, although a planned section included terrain, trees, groundcover etc., equally relevant to vehicle / armour modellers.
If there it is thought that there is a need for this guide, I am quite prepared to un-earth the manuscript, and adapt it for use on this forum site, in order that the worthy members can (hopefully) benefit from its content. The work is not intended as the definitive text on the subject, more a basic introduction, with a few examples of my own actual dioramas as illustration.(current work has degenerated, due to this stupid arthritis that PLAGUES me now!)
The question is, and it's here that I seek the advice and guidance, how should I post it?
The finished work will be roughly the equivalent to the average A4-sized soft-back publication, with the page quantity about the same as, say, a book from 'Osprey' or similar. It will take a little time for me to get it finished and illustrated, which will be easier when my regular PC is back on-line fully, but what's the general feeling, and how do I get it on the site? That is, in one hit, as a 'serial' and so on. The reason for the final question is, I am still learning about the Internet and this site in particular, and don't know if there is a limit on the word-count for postings. Maybe make it available as a CD at cost (ie. post and packing.) ?
Over to you friends!,

I think it is very nice idea.The kind of a guide can be appreciated by both beginners and advanced that are interested in a such kind of modelling.
My suggestion to its publishing here on the forum, is that you should finished the work and then make the Pdf file.Then the new thread can be started where you could upload this.Everyone could download it from there or simply open and go through.It's up to you only which way you will choose.The Pdf file can be of 50MB in max.size.

Thanks for that Wurger. I'll finish it first, then see what size it is. It might need two or more files, which could be posted as 'volumes', if the images take up room, although I doubt it. (I'm still learning about this!)
I'll get started soon, thanks again, and I hope the weather in Poland is better than it is here in Cheshire, England. Cheers, Terry.

You are welcome.:D
Glad you like the idea.The Pdf files usually aren't big in size. a book in Pdf file is truly "thick", having these 50MB.

The weather is so-so her in Poland.Today it was a sunny day but it was raining at last night.I think the next rainy clouds are comming.

Wojtek

O.K., the re-writing has begun, and some of the photos taken. Just got to finish a couple of aircraft dioramas and one small armour diorama, then get it all together with sketches etc. It will take maybe a month or so, but watch this space! Glad you like and approve of the idea, I just hope it turns out to be useful! Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back