Do 335 vs Me 262

Do 335 vs Me 262?

• Do 335

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Me 262

Votes: 38 79.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm sorry but you are incorrect Soren, there were no a-2's in JG 7 in April of 45 delegated out to the bomber units. there were more than 55 jets in the air on April 10th, as JG 7 was not alone in the air.

remember Galland was not at the forefront of tech for JG 7 nor was he a pilot within that JG, he had nothing to do with it's operations. he was always given second/third hand info on the defense of the Reich and had to trust that info no-matter how inaaccurate or delicate it was to be.

What about Yellow 5 Me-262 A-2 W.Nr. 110007 flown by VFF2 Anton Schoppler of II./JG 7 ?

ah Soren II. gruppe never had their own A/C. he flew an A-1a on Feb. 14, 1945 while serving in 11./Jg 7's third gruppe and claimed to have shot down 1 B-17 as an Unteroffizier.
the same applied when he claimed a P-51D on 3rd of February 1945.

I see that his 11th staffel should of been given red numbers while 9th had white confirmed, 10th had yellow and the 10/11th staffels traded jets as they became available to avilable pilots. Pilots flew even jets in several different numerations and did not have an assigned A/C as such in earlywar. Anton seemed to be an unknown like many of AJG 7 pilots and have found he had upwards of 7 victories to his credit.

as to designations of Jg 7 or other jet units there is a proliferation of sub types given. KG 54(J) has A-1a's in their line up confirmed, JV 44 we do know had fighter bomber sub-types which of course were not used in that role. the R$M rocket firing types the A-1b in truth is just an A-1a with wooden racks and was called such in the ranks.

EKG 1 and 2 flew several variants as well.

I just find it hard to believe that Galland was given operational numbers which were incorrect, he afterall had to go tell Hitler about it and I'm sure more Jets active meant a happier Hitler. So I could understand if he raised the number of a/c actaully in operation for the sake of not upsetting Hitler, but lowering the figure would make no sense?

think what you will, I am telling you this from the JG 7 operational record(s).

Galland had to give intel on his little JV 44 on a daily basis no doubt figures where enhanced to suit the suitors in the upper sphere of non-reality-Hitler and his staff...JV 44 given credit for the destruction of B-26's when they were only damaged, etc. It makes perfect sense to not hear the daily wrath of some fool still in power

That's exactly what I was saying Erich. Hitler wouldn't be pleased to hear that only a handful of Me-262's were operational, so why lower the figure ?

Perhaps he was talking about the JV44 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back