Documentary: Hitler's Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They've been preparing since 1066, responding to attacks by the French, Dutch, Spanish, Scotland and Continential Navy (i.e. J.P. Jones) along the way. By 1940 Britain had so much practise repelling enemy invasions they could probably do it in their sleep. :)

Ironically Germany was the one nation Britain need not fear. Germany had no intention to invade the British Isles at any time during the 20th Century.

I think you have that backward. Britain was jealous of German economic growth, especially in merchant shipping and global communications. Perhaps the final straw was 1910 when Australia and New Zealand opted for Telefunken radio telegraph stations rather then British made Marconi equipment.

It seems to me the most viable way to cut Britain from the war would be blockade it, not invade.

I think you have that backward. Britain was jealous of German economic growth, especially in merchant shipping and global communications. Perhaps the final straw was 1910 when Australia and New Zealand opted for Telefunken radio telegraph stations rather then British made Marconi equipment.

No, dave...the jealousy was only one way. they were jealous of us for a million reasons.

John

I think you could say they wanted to take over British influence in Europe and other parts of the world. I think you could say they were in awe of that, but "jealous" of the British themselves? I doubt it.

Not saying they should not like you guys or anything, very lovable bunch you are...:lol:

I think you could say they wanted to take over British influence in Europe and other parts of the world. I think you could say they were in awe of that, but "jealous" of the British themselves? I doubt it.

Not saying they should not like you guys or anything, very lovable bunch you are...:lol:

We are loved around the world.....:lol:

John

I for one must stand up for Black Pudding, without it, an English Breakfast just aint 'Traditional' in my eyes; grilled, fried, bbq-ed or steamed, b'pud or musta makkera is mm mmm mmmmm :slicksmile:

Although I'm more of a chips with a battered sausage bbq sauce fan, than fish n' chips - I dislike most fast food chicken; I distrust the watery crap tasting meat, with their overly greasy the tumbled mix of pork and beef addatives added to the once was chicken meat, just so it'll absorb more water for a higher by weight sales price.

Last edited:
I for one must stand up for Black Pudding, without it, an English Breakfast just aint 'Traditional' in my eyes; grilled, fried, bbq-ed or steamed, b'pud or musta makkera is mm mmm mmmmm :slicksmile:

Although I'm more of a chips with a battered sausage bbq sauce fan, than fish n' chips - I dislike most fast food chicken; I distrust the watery crap tasting meat, with their overly greasy the tumbled mix of pork and beef addatives added to the once was chicken meat, just so it'll absorb more water for a higher by weight sales price.

I'd plump for West Country Hogs pudding, its even less healthy than the north country Black pudding....or, a Garras Omelet. Ummm...decisions decisions.
Most 'fast food' tastes better after a gallon of beer :lol:

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back