Does anyone know...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Does anyone know what decals come with this kit? I saw it a few days ago at a local shop and am considering buying it for the Gruppe build. The box set says Nachtjager, and I have a couple questions. I know I don't really have much in the way of information, but I wonder if anyone else has this kit and knows what decals it comes with and if the plane pictured on the box would be considered defence of the the Reich.

Thanks.

hasegawa_08184_boxtop.jpg

I'm sure that it can take part as a defender of the Reich, since it's a G-10...despite what the designation would suggest, it appeared in service after the G-14 in November 1944, largely replacing previous G-series aircraft on the production lines of Erla, WNF and Messerschmitt Regensburg factories.

Not 100% sure Catch, but I think the markings are for JG77. I'll check for you on the site where I saw the details advertised. Although the swastika is blacked out on the box art, Hasegawa kits normally do have them. And yes, it qualifies. If you get it and don't want to do the markings it comes with, a simple markings change, using the kit decals and maybe some extras, will give you a good day fighter scheme.

Checked it out Catch. I was thinking of the wrong one! Hasegawa do a G6 in JG77 markings. No probs though, as I said, a simple marking change (if neccessary) will do the job. Bear in mind, by that stage of the War, not many aircraft carried Geschwader badges, so you can get around the problem of possibly not being able to get the one you want! Numbers shouldn't be too difficult, as there are loads of decal sheets available, and there're are other members, including myself, who have spare decals.

Thanks for your help gents, but I went to look at it today and it was gone. :(

In hindsight, it's probably best that I didn't spend $80 without paints! So instead, I spent $30 and got this:

79031.jpg

I'm officially in for the group build! Sorry for wasting your time guys!

Yeah, it could be haha. I love this plane, so I can't really go wrong.

There seems to be something screwy, you may have noticed it Jan. One of the profiles is for a "Blau 15" of 4./JG301. The number is blue, as it should be, but the horizontal bar denoting the Staffel (2nd Staffel if I remember correctly) is red. You can see what I mean just by looking at the box art. The alarm bells are going off in my head, so before I pick which scheme I do, I want to clear stuff like this up. I'll start a thread for my build a little later.

Catch. "Blue 15" is actually supposed to be "Yellow 15" W.Nr. 500666....years ago it was interpreted as blue but in fact IS Yellow! it does not have a Gruppe Bar either, again a dark patch or streak was thought to be a Gruppe bar.... (the Gruppe bar is wrong in style anyway!) more later when I get home from work....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back