**** DONE - 1/48 A6M2-N "Rufe" - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sprayed the clear coat on the Rufe this morning. Let it dry most of the day. Just finished putting the prop and ladder on, plus all the decals.

Working on painting the canopy this evening. All that's left is the canopy and the antenna mast and wire.

Pic's in the morning....

BTW, if anyone's interested, www.hobbylinc.com has a Revell-Monogram Spitfire and a P-39 Aircorbra in 1/48 on sale for $11.19 (usd) each, plus about $6-$7 shipping.

Charles

Last edited:
Just finished painting the Rufe.... the IJN light gray (Model Master's FS-36492). Pic's in the morning after it dries good.

Note to Wayne: Is this FS-36492 suppose to be a gloss light gray ? Mine came out a very flat.

Color me confused...

Charles

Charles....the first number in the FS sequence denotes the finish of the paint, 1=gloss, 2=satin,3=matte. Very nice job on the model

Geo

Just finished painting the Rufe.... the IJN light gray (Model Master's FS-36492). Pic's in the morning after it dries good.

Note to Wayne: Is this FS-36492 suppose to be a gloss light gray ? Mine came out a very flat.

Color me confused...

Charles

Sorry i missed your question Charles, Colour for the rufe should have a glossy appearance initially, however the gloss would gradually change over time to a more matt appearance, from the effects of it's environment.

and geo is correct on the first digit detail for FS numbers...

Last edited:
Anyway she looks very good. That's a pitty you had attached the engine section. You could stay with the handle stuck. It would be much easier to operate the model when applying decals and the final finishing of the model. The engine cowling should be added at the end of the build.

Charles....the first number in the FS sequence denotes the finish of the paint, 1=gloss, 2=satin,3=matte. Very nice job on the model

Geo

Thanks, Geo.... I didn't know that ! Anyhow, all is better now, with the clear coat on it, it has a semi-gloss.

As promised, here are pic's taken this morning. Have to finish the canopy, hopefully today.

BTW, if anyone wants a Japanese pilot (sitting) and crewman (standing) in 1/48, PM me and they are yours.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2277.JPG
    DSC_2277.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_2278.JPG
    DSC_2278.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_2279.JPG
    DSC_2279.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 84
Beautiful! That is very sweet looking, I'll wager that when you sit and look back on it you'll want to do another static build.
Good work and I'm looking forward to the "finished" shots!

You will be happy to know that this will probably be the first and last plastic scale model I will build. You would not believe the parts of the instructions that I missed ! No work today, other activities planned.

Charles

Just adding this quote to see if you've changed your mind. I've completed about 30 models(and 2 or 3 headbanging posts) and I'm just about at your level of building. Hang in there partner.

Geo

Thanks for the kind words, fellows. There were a lot of boo-boo's along the way, and some things did not come out they way I would have liked them, but over-all, it came out pretty well. I overlooked some steps in the instructions, and mis-understood others. I guess this Rufe is a learning experience.

Hope to finish the canopy tomorrow.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back