**** DONE: 1/48 EE Canberra - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am really interested in this and yes Karl, I am going to give the Banana plane a go, but the 111 provides a go to backup. I shall attempt to do the in unison with one another, in fact I've about decided the 111 should be done as the proposed RAF "K" model.as the Canberra, Buccaneer, TSR-2, and F-111K were all mixed up in the roll in the hay so to speak.

Thanks mate, I will try and provide you with enough pictures to see how it goes together.
Glad your going to give the Buccaneer a go and I hope it works out ok !

Ok, here we go.
First up the cockpit went together quite well.
Then painted a dark grey as black would look too dark for this scale.
Third the cockpit in place with lots of lead weight !
And then the fuselage closed up, this was a bit tricky but not too bad to fit together and the fit is ok.

Still need to fit the pilots seat but that will easily drop in, though I missed a small window in the nose so will try and make that with white glue !

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0330-1.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0334-1.jpg

DSC_0335.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely done Red Two.
Quite a difference in internal lay-out, compared to, for example, the B2 version. Got me wanting to start on my B2, but it'll have to wait !

Thanks Terry/Cory.

Terry, I don't know how accurate the kits internals are, that forward facing instrument panel has no corresponding crew seat, the second crew member would have to sit on the floor facing backwards to see it ?

Thanks chaps.

Wayne I think I upset the generally good fit with too many lead pellets on the sides of the cockpit parts.

Bit of pressure and all is pretty good now, weighs a ton now though !

Nice and quick Karl. Just used a ton 'o pellets myself on the B-26. I would prefer shot shell lead but my government has made that impossible unless I pay money to get registered. There are backdoors however :twisted:. I like the green clamp, looks like it was created with aircraft models in mind.

Geo

Nice and quick Karl. Just used a ton 'o pellets myself on the B-26. I would prefer shot shell lead but my government has made that impossible unless I pay money to get registered. There are backdoors however :twisted:. I like the green clamp, looks like it was created with aircraft models in mind.

Geo

Cheers mate, used more pellets on models than I have shooting rabbits !
The green clamp is actually an oversized clothes peg

Karl, I've got a magazine pic and/or a cutaway somewhere, showing the nose seat on a 'solid' nose aircraft. Depending on type, some had an ejector seat, where the nose hinged open to starboard, whist others with the 'clear' nose, such as recce and 'Intruder', appeared to have a 'jump' seat, possibly sideways facing - haven't been able to figure it out exactly myself !

Geo, try a fishing tackle shop for lead shot - in the UK at least, it's sold as 'split shot' for weights, meaning each lead 'ball' is split, to allow it to be crimped onto fishing line. It's basically different gauges of shot-gun shot, split and packaged as weights, and not very expensive.

Karl, I've got a magazine pic and/or a cutaway somewhere, showing the nose seat on a 'solid' nose aircraft. Depending on type, some had an ejector seat, where the nose hinged open to starboard, whist others with the 'clear' nose, such as recce and 'Intruder', appeared to have a 'jump' seat, possibly sideways facing - haven't been able to figure it out exactly myself !

Geo, try a fishing tackle shop for lead shot - in the UK at least, it's sold as 'split shot' for weights, meaning each lead 'ball' is split, to allow it to be crimped onto fishing line. It's basically different gauges of shot-gun shot, split and packaged as weights, and not very expensive.

Cheers Dogsbody, kit has 3 seats, 4 seat cushions and instructions only show 2 seats fitted ?

Not much will be seen anyway so haven't gone to town on that area

Yeah, it's something I haven't really 'followed up', as I've concentrated on internal detail pics for the B2 variant. I have a feeling yours had a 'mattress' type cushion in the nose, with the seat for the bomb-aimer only, in the rear fuselage, where the Nav's station was on the bomber variants.

Nice start to the build! Interesting to see all of the ways to add weight to the nose as we go from props to jets. I'm a fisherman so I've got a ton of lead weights in all different shapes and sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back