**** DONE: 1/48 EE Canberra - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So, it used a Spit as a parasite fighter? I did not know that! How did they start the Spits engine without cutting the Canberra? Got video?:lol::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dad, Don's been in the Jack again!

Thanks all.

Ok got the last bits added to the wings and got the silver on the undersides.
I used my only remaining enamel paint for this, Humbrol No 191 and brush painted as always !

DSC_0342.jpg

Looking good Karl. Are you sure about the silver? I'd need to check, but I thought the Intruder version was Light Aircraft Grey, although probably depending on the period being depicted.

Thanks Hugh.

Dogsbody, I thought the same but as I started looking I found they had silver undersides at least at some point in their career !

wt340-0.jpg

Another B(I)8 which began its service life with 88 Sqn. WT340 entered service in 1956 and flew with 88 Sqn, 16 Sqn and finally, 3 Sqn. Sold to Marshalls in 1973, it was converted to B(I)58 standard for Peru and delivered in 1975 as 251.
Steve's excellent photo shows WT340 in the 16 Sqn markings with camouflage top and the silver underside. This would tend to date the photo around 1965/66.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back