1/48 HS Buccaneer - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Donivanp

Captain
Feb 23, 2014
Katy Texas
Username: Donivanp
First name: Don
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: airfix
Model Type:HS Buccaneer
Aftermarket addons: none

Attachments

• Buccaneer_1.JPG
    Buccaneer_1.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 433
Last edited by a moderator:
So I thought I would get out of my normal comfort zone in jets and pull out this Airfix Buccaneer I've had about. It was this or the Lightning. I pulled have pulled from F-84, F-86, F-4, F-15 so on and so forth I have 27 F-4's in the stash and 18 F-15's and the same in F-16, good lord only keeps track of the Century series I have in there and the early US jets. But British, much less jets, well now there's a novelty for me. The Buccaneer is an ungainly looking bird but an interesting one at that. and though I know very little (part of the draw) I think I will. I've seen some stuff for it (cockpit and the likes) but I don't have anything but the kit it's self so I guess I shall do it as it came in. The kit has markings for nine or ten different aircraft (or should I say areoplanes) from the RN to the Gulf war and from RAF and SAAF, so I have not narrowed down which to depict but I am leaning to a RN with wings folded. Oh BTW, I've not don an Airfix kit in DECADES.

Attachments

• Buccaneer_2.JPG
    Buccaneer_2.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Nice Don. Though I haven't built it, the reviews are not very favorable on the kit. Maybe PM Terry (Airframes) and get some thoughts here.

Geo

Yes I have read some and my need to rethink not getting a replacement interior but let's see what happens. I still have a few thousand curse words in the bag.

I will be doing Sky Pirates XX895/G Buccaneer S2B from RAF Lossiemouth deployed to Bahrain March 1991.All I have to ref is Gulf Air War Debreief (autographed by Gen Chuck Horner) which sort off covers the Buccaneer.

Attachments

• bb1.jpg
    bb1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 252
  • bb2.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 242
  • bubbook5.jpg
    bubbook5.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Bucbook1.jpg
    Bucbook1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 243
  • bucbook2.jpg
    bucbook2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 256
  • Bucbook3.jpg
    Bucbook3.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 252
  • bucbook4.jpg
    bucbook4.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 269
  • bucbook5.jpg
    bucbook5.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 250
  • bb3.jpg
    bb3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 222
Yep, agree with John and I don't think anyone would doubt your choice you if you walked away. Until I followed Terry's Horror Story, I was prepared to have a colorful squadron of these.

Geo

After reading Terry's blog, I bow my head to his perseverance and for a number of reasons I feen I need to back away from this concept.
1) there is still and pending investigation at NASA as to what the fuselage is actually made of, for all we know it may come form outer space, or outer Mongolia.
2) Terry has a right to his sanity (and so do I) and dredging this up my cause him to drop of his meds, that I fear would not be pretty.
3) the Summer goes by so fast.

So with a sinking hart, I may use this kit as something to start a camp fire with. We shall forge forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back