1/48 HS Buccaneer - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

F-18A (Hase), C (monogram and Hase) E (Revelland Hase), F (Revell). Have you seen the shipping rates to England, not to mention your cosy to pick them up at the Postal? I ask because I tried that once. It cost me $60 to send a small box and my friend paid another £45 to pick it up, there were five 1/75 scale fighters and two were bagged.

F-18A (Hase), C (monogram and Hase) E (Revelland Hase), F (Revell). Have you seen the shipping rates to England, not to mention your cosy to pick them up at the Postal? I ask because I tried that once. It cost me $60 to send a small box and my friend paid another £45 to pick it up, there were five 1/75 scale fighters and two were bagged.

Yes I know, total rip off !

Terry recently bought some resin bits from Canada for both me and him and he got stung with an extra charge !

Bandits all of them.

Those DO look like photos of a hobby store... what a collection! Great start to your Buc! I would recommend giving the seats a coat of flat to even out the finish.

Yes I'm not done with the seat. The Tamiya kaki drab has to much sheen yo it.there is quite a bit of details to clean up on them, just the start.

Good stuff so far Don. The seat back-pads were a nylon web type material, with a bit of sheen, although more matt than the finish on your kit parts, and the parachute containers (the 'horseshoe'-shaped boxes on top of the seat) were fibre-glass mouldings, with a fine 'bubble' texture, with a slight sheen.(Originally they were khaki canvas.).
Harness straps were off-white for the risers, gold-yellow for the chest harness, and Olive drab and grey blue for the lower torso and leg harness. The PSP, beneath the Olive seat cushion, was yellow, moulded glass fibre.

Yes I've been researching it.

Attachments

• MK6-BSB2-1.jpg
    MK6-BSB2-1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 316
  • MK6-BSB2-2.jpg
    MK6-BSB2-2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 299
  • MK6-BSB2-3.jpg
    MK6-BSB2-3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 303
  • MK6-BSB2-4.jpg
    MK6-BSB2-4.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 313
  • MK6-BSB2-5.jpg
    MK6-BSB2-5.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 311
  • blackburn-buccaneer-type-6msb-ejection-seat.jpg
    blackburn-buccaneer-type-6msb-ejection-seat.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 592
Great detail pics Don. When you get to the wings, if you need detail pics of the wing fold, let me know - I got a couple of the Duxford example.
When parked, RAF 'Buccs' normally had their wings folded, and deployed them when taxiing.

Thanks all, been working on the seats but I cried trying to make my own harness from that rats nest. So I ordered an eduard interior just for the seat belts. Comes from Australia so not sure how long, week or so to come in. Also did some cleaning of the intakes. Terry is absolutely correct that the intake bullet is all wrong. I just don't know if I csn fix it, have to go out tomorrow to the garage attick to look though my 72 scale stuff (see Karl, I did not show you everything. I have a whole 72 scale stash in the garage), to see if I can find some 72 scale WWII bombs, I think that the Academy P-47 might have them, I do have 4 Academy B-29 I think they may have them, Terry what If you recall did you used. I think a 500lb'er would be too big.

Attachments

• buc seat 3.jpg
    buc seat 3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 277
  • buc intake..jpg
    buc intake..jpg
    34 KB · Views: 294
  • buck seat2.jpg
    buck seat2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 267
I can't honestly remember what I used Don - just the noses of some bombs, found in the spares box, which looked 'right' !
Just match-up what you think looks more the required size, and go from there.
Making the seat harness, using foil or copier paper, is a lot easier than you'd think, just take it one step at a time, for example - shoulder harness, lap belts, crotch straps etc etc.
Personally, I think it's a lot easier than the tedious work of bending and fixing PE harness parts, which rarely 'sit' right when done anyway.

I was trying 3mm tape. may try some foil, I really don't like the PE either but that is a mess. Thanks.

OK here are the seats and I have started the decal instrument panel. I used 3mm tape and did not have buckles but I am calling them good, I should have noted and cleaned this up before I started. the decals have too much film outside of their image. It needs to be trimmed all the way back to fit and work. I got two on and had to solvent them and hope I can work with this the rest will be trimmed high and tight.

Attachments

• Buc4.JPG
    Buc4.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 268
  • buc7.JPG
    buc7.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 270
  • buc8.JPG
    buc8.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 281
  • buc9.JPG
    buc9.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 287
  • buc10.JPG
    buc10.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 293
  • buc12.JPG
    buc12.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 281
Well now seems I have a major problem. I have no windscreen, front or rear. I have a canopy but no windscreens. I bought it on eBay quite a time back and don't recall but they may have fallen form the box at some time. I don't ever recall seeing them but they are clear you know. This has to go on hold unless I can get replacements. Not sure how that will go, any help would be graciously accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back