1/48 HS Buccaneer - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not bad at all Don. The harness belts would be better at around 1.5 mm, as the real belts were made from approximately 2 inch wide webbing.
Adjuster buckles can be made form thin wire, or very short lengths of stretched sprue (for the adjusters), with a small disc, cut from plastic rod, for the quick-release box, where the straps all join. Additional buckle detail can be drawn on, or painted, which is more than passable for this scale.
Although the kit(s) are currently Out of Production, stocks of spares are normally still held by Airfix. The parts can be obtained, free of charge, via the Hornby Hobbies web-site service, or by writing to Hornby Hobbies Ltd, Westwood, Margate, Kent CT9 4JX, England.
It normally takes around four weeks for delivery in the UK, so add a couple of weeks for delivery to the USA.

Just received a reply from Horby, it looks like they may not be able to help as the did not take on this present responsibility until 2008 and the kit predates that, still checking though.

When Hornby acquired Airfix and Humbrol, the Airfix 'stock department' went with them, along with those spares available. Given they have sample kits, or spares stock,which they've always tried to maintain, even if just a token quantity as 'archive material', they should be able to help, but it will mean a staff member physically checking through what 'OOP' stock they might have, which will, of course, entail some sort of delay.
It happened with me with a Tornado canopy, an example of which they eventually traced to a sample kit, and forwarded on to me, after a slight delay whilst they located one.
I'm assuming they still have the mould tools, but it's unlikely they'd use them just to produce one part - although this might be just the thing to spark off a re-release!
I think there' a vac-form canopy set available, perhaps from Pavla or Squadron, although I'm not 100% certain on this. There is certainly a resin cockpit set available through NeOmega, but I don't know if it includes a canopy. You could, of course, carve a balsa mould and make one, rather than 'binning' the whole kit, if all else fails.

Hello Donivan,

The Airfix number was A09180 and we did have it in stock but only a total of
18 of them and they sold out in 2009. You can try Airfix UK directly, they
have a large parts department and may be able to help you.
Here is the link: Contact Us Airfix

Regards, Steven
Customer Technical Support
877-358-6405 ext101

Hornby America Inc. USA

I have sent an updated request to Hornby UK.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 11:21 AM
To: Customer Support
Subject: Re: 1/48 Airfix Buccaneer parts missing.

Looks like 09180. If you can help, great, if not, well we tried. Maybe if
someone else you can direct me to.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Donivan Phillips.
Sent from my iPad

On May 13, 2015, at 1:13 PM, Customer Support <[email protected]>wrote:

Hello Donivan,

Sorry but it looks like that is an older Airfix kit from before we
started to distribute Airfix in 2008. Do you have the model product
number from the box. The only number I found online was 8101 and that
would make the number in the current format Airfix uses A08101 and we
have never had that number in stock.

Regards, Steven
Customer Technical Support
877-358-6405 ext101

Hornby America Inc. USA

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 4:44 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 1/48 Airfix Buccaneer parts missing.

I purchased a 1/48 Airfix Buccaneer online some time ago. I started
building it and found that the two wind screens are missing. I don't
know if you can assist with replacements but if possible please let me
know what you needed from me to help you help me.

Thank you
Donivan Phillips
1327 Westgreen Blvd
Katy, Texas, 77450-4100

Sent from my iPad

Ah, I see your original request appears to have been to Airfix (USA), and not to the parent company in the UK.
Contact Hornby in the UK, stating the kit name, scale, and kit number (shown on the box, but not that important, as there were at least two versions of the kit released, with different decals, but the same basic mouldings), the part description (eg. clear parts - canopy, windscreen and internal blast screen), and the part number(s).
Given they have them, and there's a good chance they will, even though the kit was first released around 1994/95, then it's possible they'll send the complete sprue of clear parts, as they did for my Tornado canopy.

Response from Hornby UK came in this morning.

Dear Sir
Sorry due to the age of your kit we are sorry we do not have any spares for this model.
Thank you
Regards
Airfix spares.

A customer has made an enquiry on the Airfix site.

Enquiry type: Spares enquiry

Name: Mr Donivan Phillips
E-mail: [email protected]

Telephone: 5555555555

Address

1327 Westgreen Blvd

Katy
Texas

United States

Comment: I have Airfix number was A09180, 1/48 Buccaneer and I am missing most of the clear tree, inpaticular
the wind screen and the aft wind/blast screen. I don't know if you can assist but thought I would ask.
Thank you

Hornby Hobbies Ltd
Enterprise Road
Westwood Industrial Estate
Margate
Kent CT9 4JX

Tel +44 (0)1843 233525
Fax +44 (0)1843 233527
email: [email protected]

Visit Our Web Sites at :

Hornby Model Railways, Train Sets, Locomotives Accessories Scalextric | Homepage

IMPORTANT
Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing by Hornby Hobbies Limited, this communication is to be treated as confidential and the information in it may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent.
If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please contact the sender immediately. Any views or opinions expressed in this email (unless otherwise stated) may not represent those of Hornby Hobbies Ltd.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted by E-Mail. The recipient should check this E-Mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
Hornby Hobbies Ltd accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this E-Mail.

Hornby Hobbies Ltd, Westwood Industrial Estate, Margate, Kent CT9 4JX, Registered in England No.: 2065081

This Hornby Hobbies Ltd. Email has been scanned by security systems for your protection..

Britmodeler approved me this morning and I PMed the guy who said he had a VF of the canopy.

$32 + 7.95 S&H off Ebay, so I will need to make modes for the screens and get clear risen and I can have two of the buggers.

Airfix #08100 Series 8 1:48 H.S. BUCCANEER S2B Model Kit! See original listing
Airfix-08100-Series-8-1-48-H-S-BUCCANEER-S2B-Model-Kit
Item Sold
Item condition:New
Ended: May 16, 2015 , 6:15PM
Winning bid:US $32.00
[ 18 bids ]
Shipping: $7.95 Economy Shipping
Item location:Glendale, Arizona, United States
Seller:
ejsells2015 (2 ) | Seller's other items

Users who are viewing this thread